Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2012, 12:15 PM

Re: Chatty Folks

Originally Posted by suey ->
I too am not a chatty person but love this forum I read a lot post a little but if I have had a problem I have received lots of positive advice for that I am grateful.. I also don't get a lot of time to plough through the forum on a daily basis ...This is my favourite forum by far as I find most very clicky if you don't join in on a regular basis...Thanks all please be patient with me...
Sue
Sue everyone gives and takes as little or as much as they need from membership of a forum and that is as it should be.

No member is obligated to contribute to the conversations, they are welcome to just view that which has been written by others .
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2012, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Sue everyone gives and takes as little or as much as they need from membership of a forum and that is as it should be.

No member is obligated to contribute to the conversations, they are welcome to just view that which has been written by others .
Thanks Meg this is what I mean about this forum ....Sue
Cageybaby
London, uk
Cageybaby is female  Cageybaby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2012, 11:00 PM

Maybe they're lurkers who feel their lurking is more acceptable if they join?
Some forums have a rule where if you don't post a certain amount of posts in a certain time...say 10 a month or so on...their membership will have priviledge restrictions or be deleted altogether!
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2012, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by Cageybaby ->
Maybe they're lurkers who feel their lurking is more acceptable if they join?
Some forums have a rule where if you don't post a certain amount of posts in a certain time...say 10 a month or so on...their membership will have priviledge restrictions or be deleted altogether!
I don't know about that one, maybe where you came from, prhaps you chaps could tell me
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2012, 12:32 AM

No one should be forced to post, it is just shame some folks find it difficult to articulate what they are thinking.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2012, 01:53 PM

I think people should be free to post when and where they want to, as is the case on this forum, as Meg said there is no pressure to post anything, if you want to just look at the posts then do so all you want, what's wrong with that?. Personally I love to see it when someone makes an effort and breaks the ice to post anything, remember some folks are very shy and should always be encouraged, never pushed. What's it Agatha Christie used to say...slowly slowly catchy monkey. Now before anyone starts to choke me off by suggesting I am calling members monkeys, or snaring animals for some sinister reason, it's only an expression that we all know means...have patience.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top