Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2012, 11:03 PM

Re: conkers

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Bye jove Jem would they dare to come to Ireland with you on duty in the parks!I am concerned about the conker shortage as a few in each room keeps the spiders away.Also had a thought that do you think that things that give us pleasure are being removed by order!You and I will have to have a word in Gods ear I think.
I too use conkers to keep the spiders away and it really works I usually bring a bag of them back with me from the Lake District the village we stay in has a few Horse Chestnut trees but this the total of my find was 1 conker...
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2012, 11:33 PM

I didn't know that about the conkers and the spiders Annie and Suey. I have lots of spiders in the shed where I work and I never interfere with them and them with me, they do a great job of keeping the flies out for me in the summer, I can't stand buzzing annoying flies around when I'm trying to work, I tried everything from that awful flypaper to an electric gadget that's supposed to fry them but doesn't, they won't go near it so I let nature go to work on them in the end.
There was no shortage of conkers in the Phoenix Park this year, (I nearly said, there are plenty of nuts in the park) my two grandsons brought in bags of them then forgot about them, they are around somewhere where only the ruling one knows.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2012, 05:00 PM

Jem have you still got the dog,are you still pals, Annie.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2012, 06:21 PM

Conkers - brought back all the recent scandals regarding cheating in sport. We used to bake, pickle (and surrepticiously substitute) our conkers to ensure victory - those were the days!

Mick
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2012, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Jem have you still got the dog,are you still pals, Annie.
I have indeed Annie and he's coming along great, taking over the house he has. We adore the little rascal, I'll get a good picture of him and the wife when I get the chance. Nice of you to ask.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top