Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2012, 09:01 PM

Re: Ear infections

S
Originally Posted by janet gracey ->
Hello Jean, sorry to hear about your ear infection. I've never had that myself, but have had ears syringed a few times. could you not phone up ENT clinic and tell them that you are on their list and could they help you with an early appointment as it is getting worse? You never know.
this am going to do so on Monday, fed up waiting now
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2012, 09:15 PM

I'm so sorry to hear of this Jean..I only noticed your post just now.
I have a problem with cellulitius in my leg, and have had it recur on my stomach and in my ear! It is very painful. So I have sympathy for you.
I hope you get sorted soon. Best wishes to you x x
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2012, 10:59 PM

It sounds like something my Daughter had as a child the fit what they call a grommit in the tubes in your ear and excess fluid drains away I hope I am right in saying this but it is just an educated guess Hope all goes well for you and you are soon out of pain...Sue
TedHutchinson
Louth UK
TedHutchinson is male  TedHutchinson has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2012, 04:42 PM

I've found that regularly using a
3% Hydrogen peroxide solution keeps my ears from gumming up and becoming infected.
you may find your chemist has 6% or 9% hydrogen peroxide on sale in which case you need to dilute it with an equal amount of boiled water or 2 parts water to one part Hydrogen Peroxide.
It takes a little getting used to having a popping fizzing sensation in the ears but after 10minutes or so it dies down and you can do the other side.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2012, 12:55 PM

I was also going to mention a grommit like Suey has said.
My nephew had terrible ear aches when he was a child and
they said he needed a grommit fitting to drain his ear as
seemingly some people are born with very narrow draining tubes
plus infection can damage them.
You do need a small op but my nephew has never looked back
since he had the op and that was 30 years ago. I presume
they know alot more nowadays.

Hope it goes well for you

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top