Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2012, 02:16 AM

Re: Recent outing in the Lakes

Originally Posted by marpaul ->
Yes I know, for a minute I thought you were going to say it was the Lockness Monster
Nah, even I know that's a different shape, as that's got more humps than the sabre-toothed humped turtle!
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2012, 11:11 PM

Stunning Photo's the light is so good there on a nice day and the reflections are beautiful we love to get up there there is nowhere in England to beat it in my opinion...
we were due to go there last May but had to cancel as hubby wasn't well and the owner of the cottage said we could have a free week in the winter but as it's a 3 1/2hour drive from here hubby is a little hesitant because of the fear of being caught out with the weather we are thinking of March what is it like up there then is it usually a kind month to visitors or not any advice would be welcome please?
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2012, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by suey ->
Stunning Photo's the light is so good there on a nice day and the reflections are beautiful we love to get up there there is nowhere in England to beat it in my opinion...
we were due to go there last May but had to cancel as hubby wasn't well and the owner of the cottage said we could have a free week in the winter but as it's a 3 1/2hour drive from here hubby is a little hesitant because of the fear of being caught out with the weather we are thinking of March what is it like up there then is it usually a kind month to visitors or not any advice would be welcome please?
Hi Sue, thanks for your comments on the photos Oh what a shame you had to cancel your cottage though.

As for what the weather's like in March, its really hard to say as this year its been an awful year. I had a look back at some photos I took in March this year and there were some nice days at end of March. I didn't take any in March 2011, don't know why! In March 2010 we had all that snow and ice and the beginning of March was nice.

I think you just have to take a chance and hope that out of 7 days you get a few nice ones. In my opinion the Lakes are beautiful whatever the weather and it doesn't rain every day. Today is a beautiful day

By the way, you may be interested in this webcam which shows Keswick and Skiddaw which I check if I plan to go walking in that area.
http://www.keswickcomputers.co.uk/?c=webcam&a=index

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top