Join for free
Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2012, 03:25 AM

Re: Your favourite towns/cities?

I loved Calcutta when I was there in 1972; so busy, so dirty yet somehow it looked as if the Raj had only just left - you almost expected Rudyard Kipling to stroll round the corner. Wonderful place.

These days I am pretty enamoured by Sydney - set round the most beautiful harbour in the world. Not to mention the city in which I live - Wollongong, beautiful beaches, Pacific Ocean, the escarpment. Heaven on a stick.

pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2012, 03:49 PM

keeping mine simmple close to home niagra falls ont
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2012, 11:38 AM

Tenby, on the South Wales coast is an incredibly pretty place, and if I can figure out how to transfer photos from my DS to here will possibly show you all just how pretty. As for cities, well when we lived in the Midlands I would have voted for Brum, after it had been all gussied up and the canal side opened up with outside tables at bars and restaurants, however since moving back to Wales I have to say that it would take a lot to beat Cardiff. Apart from the Castle and the Millennium Stadium there are many beautiful parks and 'green' spaces, some remarkable architecture, and of course the Bay. All in all it ticks all the boxes. Yey for Cardiff.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2012, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by daisymay ->
Tenby, on the South Wales coast is an incredibly pretty place, and if I can figure out how to transfer photos from my DS to here will possibly show you all just how pretty. As for cities, well when we lived in the Midlands I would have voted for Brum, after it had been all gussied up and the canal side opened up with outside tables at bars and restaurants, however since moving back to Wales I have to say that it would take a lot to beat Cardiff. Apart from the Castle and the Millennium Stadium there are many beautiful parks and 'green' spaces, some remarkable architecture, and of course the Bay. All in all it ticks all the boxes. Yey for Cardiff.
I definitely agree with you about Cardiff, we visit there a few times a year and think it's a fantastic place.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2012, 02:31 PM

I love my birth place Leeds, West Yorkshire.

I do like a few cities I have visited like
Nice, Monte Carlo, Rimini, Geneva, Bridgetown, Barbados.

Want to go to New York, San Francisco, Melbourne,
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2012, 11:30 PM

A picture of Tenby harbour
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2012, 01:43 PM

See that yellow building up top? That was the hotel we stayed at, and our room was centre window, centre row. Fantastic views.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2012, 11:16 PM

See that yellow building up top? That was the hotel we stayed at, and our room was centre window, centre row. Fantastic views.
What a lovely spot, you must have had a brilliant view over the harbour from your window...
BarbaraR
New Member!
NW England
BarbaraR is female 

24-02-2013, 03:47 PM

Hi - so many places in the UK, but these are my favourite:

1. The Lake District - for peaceful views and walks.

2. Haworth, Yorkshire - for the Brontes and Christmas festivities in a beautiful, atmospheric setting.

3. Manchester - for shopping, Christmas markets, music venues and the amazing Bar Cloud 23.

4. London - for the museums, Shakespeare's Globe theatre and riverside walk.

I have lovely memories of visiting the south coast, years ago and I'd like to go there again, but so far I have only visited Brighton, which I loved . .
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2013, 04:13 PM

Exeter for me, the Garden City of the South.

They have combined the old with the new so cleverly, you can't see the join.

In the shopping precinct there is a 12th century chapel - beautiful.

Then there is the Cathedral, the Quays, the City wall, the catacombs and of course the floral display - flowers everywhere.

Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top