Join for free
Page 7 of 11 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2013, 08:15 PM

Re: Hair loss !

Many years ago I had alopecia. Luckily it did clear up, but I was advised to use a product called Sylvikrin hair tonic in conjunction with massaging my scalp each morning and night. The massaging helps increase the blood flow to the scalp and the Sylvikrin Hair Tonic aids the regrowth of hair. It might have got better without the hair tonic or massage, but it did seem to help. I think you can still buy Sylvikrin hair tonic. It certainly did no harm.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2013, 08:38 PM

Hi Rena- yep started doing that a few weeks back - seems logical that massage of the scalp is good, gently does it....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2013, 05:44 PM

Rachel - this week I've used Silvikrin blow dry spray. Even tho I 'dont' blow dry, I sprayed on damp hair, rolled it up and it was a good result. Adds body, looks thicker... It says 'extra strong hold' - was not sticky or harsh feeling. Very nice in fact.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2013, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Rachel - this week I've used Silvikrin blow dry spray. Even tho I 'dont' blow dry, I sprayed on damp hair, rolled it up and it was a good result. Adds body, looks thicker... It says 'extra strong hold' - was not sticky or harsh feeling. Very nice in fact.
That sounds good and, might I say, revolutionary! I've used extra strong hold hairspray that if a tornado flattened all buldings around me, I would have felt confident that my hair was still looking good
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

18-03-2013, 01:43 PM

Karen....Doesn't sound as as the silvikrin
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2013, 11:45 PM

There is product called Fast shampoo it is about £15 a bottle but I have heard very good results for this it is aimed at people who have had Chemo but it makes the hair grow at double the rate I don't know if it helps with the volume/density of hair but it is available at Boots.com a friend who has had Chemo has used it and is amazed at the growth she has gained since she has been using it Hope this is some help and hope you find something to suit you and do the job ...Sue
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

19-03-2013, 11:01 AM

Thanks for your post Suey - will check that out later....
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2013, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Oooooo .... I shall look out for that

Thank you Pats, Karen and Rena

Sorry I didn't get back here earlier ~ still getting lost and am very muzzy with my cold today

I was quite fond of Tesco's Everyday Value Firm control (or something like that) styling gel but they discontinued it and now you can only get the ordinary one.

I do occasionally give the roots a squirt with Silvikrin hair spray as well as using the gel but it really stinks !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

19-03-2013, 07:56 PM

Well I think you will like this just as much - its in a stubby green can, says Wella at the top. Got mine in Asda - maybe Tesco sells it....
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2013, 08:09 PM

The tiny Tesco's here doesn't sell anything useful but I can get a bus to a larger version and there's an Asda near to that

Googled and it's available at Superdrug too it says.

We have a Superdrug

Page 7 of 11 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top