Join for free
Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2015, 11:29 AM

Re: NHS Sorted!

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Olive oil and sachets of yeast ? nope real live yeast and vegetable oil preferably sunflower. I make a very traditional English loaf not a modern twist on things. As for the flour we can't all afford bakers flour Tesco provides a cheap one we find works fine.

TBH I have been making our bread for so long I am not willing to change for anything, everyone loves my bread and even my husband will eat it. Got some pizza dour on the go at the moment using normal plain flour as I couldn't afford the strong flour this week and it will be fine.
People suggest recipe to me I give them a go.
There you go folk are different its a nice day for a stroll along the river far better than talking to those with a closed mind.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2015, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
People suggest recipe to me I give them a go.
There you go folk are different its a nice day for a stroll along the river far better than talking to those with a closed mind.
you noticed that too did ya VM?

comes with the territory
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2015, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
Oh no Myra, not a Lorne sausage..... I've never cared for them myself.
Our daughters bought us a sausage maker at Christmas and we're getting to grips with making our own 'links' using pork from our own pigs. We can turn out a reasonable Pork, apple & onion (flavoured with cumin) sausage.

Busy morning, we're planting out the brassicas and covering them with mesh to fend off the pigeons. This afternoon we're planning to visit a 'mixed' farm as it's their open day, to see a bit of commercial food production.
Your own sausages sound delicious! Enjoy your day at the farm
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2015, 11:54 AM

You wouldn't give a recipe a go if you were allergic to the ingredients no one in their right mind would put their life at risk like that and not everyone can afford the other ingredients as I pointed out. Closed mind or ambulance to hospital hoping they can save my life ? well I know which I prefer.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2015, 12:06 PM

Brown rice? Lentils?-bloody long haired drug taking louts. I didn`t learn much about cooking from my parents.
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2015, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
you noticed that too did ya VM?

comes with the territory
Yep pitiful really but I won't get caught out again.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2015, 02:03 PM

Yep lets ignore the deadly allergies and lack of money and call it just a closed mind. Then carry on talking about the person as if they are not here. Nice - I don't think.
gardener
UK
gardener is male  gardener has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2015, 02:03 PM

In my opinion there is far too much interference by politicians.

In the UK there are 4 National Health Services. Autonomy may be a good thing but having 4 distinct buying groups would be ridiculous if there were only 4. Hospital Trusts also have their own Purchasing Departments too.
It would be far more efficient is contracts were negotiated UK wide & the contracts should be mandatory for every NHS Trust to obtain their services & goods through those contracts & only through those contracts.

Senior managers with little or no Health Service knowledge charged with managing & competing with other trusts is ludicrous. So many managers paid high salaries for services that are truly of dubious value. The health service does not suffer from poor management but rather no management. I knew of a Trust which had 60 senior managers with total staff numbers of only 800.

Caring isn't a matter of ticking boxes. |It's about ensuring that every patient has personalised care rather than scripted nursing.

Employment numbers seem to be an obsession & take precedence over
adequately staffing wards & shifts. £3Bn+ on agency staff is unbelievable, On what little I do know about employing Agency staff. the agencies have made an absolute killing.

So as I wrote earlier keep the politicians out of the equation
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2015, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by gardener ->
In my opinion there is far too much interference by politicians.

In the UK there are 4 National Health Services. Autonomy may be a good thing but having 4 distinct buying groups would be ridiculous if there were only 4. Hospital Trusts also have their own Purchasing Departments too.
It would be far more efficient is contracts were negotiated UK wide & the contracts should be mandatory for every NHS Trust to obtain their services & goods through those contracts & only through those contracts.

Senior managers with little or no Health Service knowledge charged with managing & competing with other trusts is ludicrous. So many managers paid high salaries for services that are truly of dubious value. The health service does not suffer from poor management but rather no management. I knew of a Trust which had 60 senior managers with total staff numbers of only 800.

Caring isn't a matter of ticking boxes. |It's about ensuring that every patient has personalised care rather than scripted nursing.

Employment numbers seem to be an obsession & take precedence over
adequately staffing wards & shifts. £3Bn+ on agency staff is unbelievable, On what little I do know about employing Agency staff. the agencies have made an absolute killing.

So as I wrote earlier keep the politicians out of the equation
Great post Gardener!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

07-06-2015, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
Yep pitiful really but I won't get caught out again.
Just so you understand because you seem not to this is the reaction I have if I use olive oil, I have multiple other allergies too but it's olive oil you seem to be suggesting I have closed my mind to here.
https://www.allergyuk.org/severe-all...FevJtAodzBAAlA

Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top