Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2015, 09:32 PM

Re: OCD s

When my first wasband worked away and I was left with two toddlers in a highrise flat,I got very lonely and bored. I became so obsessed with tidying I had to measure the spaces between ornaments on shelves and if anyone visited I couldn't wait for them to go so I could plump up the cushions. Thankfully didn't last, went to live in Africa and all thoughts of keeping things clean went awol!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2015, 11:18 PM

I´m still trying to break myself of the most stupid thing ever.......coloured plastic clothes pegs. I never even realised I was so obsessive about them until a friend mentioned it, years ago now, I had to use matching colours on each item being put on the clothes line. Even now I find it difficult to use two different coloured pegs on an item, I actually force myself to use odd colours. Of course if I was sensible (which I´m not) I would buy clothes pegs all the same colour.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2015, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
I´m still trying to break myself of the most stupid thing ever.......coloured plastic clothes pegs. I never even realised I was so obsessive about them until a friend mentioned it, years ago now, I had to use matching colours on each item being put on the clothes line. Even now I find it difficult to use two different coloured pegs on an item, I actually force myself to use odd colours. Of course if I was sensible (which I´m not) I would buy clothes pegs all the same colour.

Luv it, clumsy.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2015, 11:35 PM

Oh clumsy i'm the same with the clothes peg colour matching thing, i've been trying to get off it for a while now..
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2015, 01:33 AM

We could always start a clothes peg anonymous group Suzuki Sue
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2015, 08:43 AM

Whatever you do don't go to BMs they have clothes pegs with roses on, heavenly!
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2015, 09:40 AM

We could always start a clothes peg anonymous group Suzuki Sue
Thinking about it i use to have the wooden ones i was ok then, but once i introduced the coloured well it was like this goes with that and that goes with this
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2015, 10:27 AM

Deleted; because this thread is too frivolous for such a serious debilitating life changing condition.
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2015, 02:14 PM

"Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) can be a terrifying illness that affects the whole family. It can be frustrating, exhausting and scary for everyone - family, friends and carers be they parents, siblings, spouses or children.

The most important thing to remember is that while Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder is a chronic illness, it is treatable medical condition that can certainly be overcome.
Many family, friends and carers of a person with OCD are often unaware of how best to help their loved one. The illness can be very confusing for all involved and can put a strain on family relationships. OCD can certainly interfere with daily functioning of the family, sometimes causing resentment and feelings of anger.

OCD can also put a strain on marriages and family life by creating emotional and financial burdens.

It can be especially difficult for children. If you are a parent of a young person with OCD, they may feel that they are going mad or that they are the only one who feels this way. Whilst reassurance for OCD is not recommended, reassuring the sufferer that they are loved and not alone, and reminding them of the fact that the illness can be beaten, should be a regular occurence."

The above is certainly true but having a close family member who has been a severe disorder sufferer it is proving to be difficult to overcome, it is best to remember there is no cure just remission and the condition can/will be brought back again by stress. My family member who suffers from this condition calls it mental handcuffs and at its worst there was over a year when leaving the house was traumatic.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire

14-06-2015, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
"Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) can be a terrifying illness that affects the whole family. It can be frustrating, exhausting and scary for everyone - family, friends and carers be they parents, siblings, spouses or children.

The most important thing to remember is that while Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder is a chronic illness, it is treatable medical condition that can certainly be overcome.
Many family, friends and carers of a person with OCD are often unaware of how best to help their loved one. The illness can be very confusing for all involved and can put a strain on family relationships. OCD can certainly interfere with daily functioning of the family, sometimes causing resentment and feelings of anger.

OCD can also put a strain on marriages and family life by creating emotional and financial burdens.

It can be especially difficult for children. If you are a parent of a young person with OCD, they may feel that they are going mad or that they are the only one who feels this way. Whilst reassurance for OCD is not recommended, reassuring the sufferer that they are loved and not alone, and reminding them of the fact that the illness can be beaten, should be a regular occurence."

The above is certainly true but having a close family member who has been a severe disorder sufferer it is proving to be difficult to overcome, it is best to remember there is no cure just remission and the condition can/will be brought back again by stress. My family member who suffers from this condition calls it mental handcuffs and at its worst there was over a year when leaving the house was traumatic.
My best friend who got married to a man last year who has OCD, and i don't think she realised this at the time, i think she put it all down to him being diabetic and got uptight about things and stressing all the time? She's at her wits end with him, and say's he's forever cleaning, he doesn't like coloured anything in the house it's very white and minimal.
He's in the other bedroom indefinitely he say's, and acts like a spoilt brat, he thinks everyone's against him and won't let anything drop if
there's something that someone said, that he didn't like?
I said to her he needs help maybe from the doctor or a psychiatrist as it's all ongoing. But he's stubborn and gets angry.. what can she do?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top