Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2012, 07:24 AM

Ear infections

Have had four ear infections this year on nose sprays and all sorts, finally said to the doctor look I need this problem sorted and am on the list to be seen at the e.n.t clinic. Problem is the tubes in my ears are not draining, then the pressure builds and gives me awful headaches. Painful ears is a bit like toothache. Anyway was told by my doctor that they may need drained. Has anyone had this done before, if yes has it helped.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2012, 08:36 AM

Re: Ear infections

Sorry to hear about your ill health Jean, I can't help you with any advice but I do hope you manage to get it sorted out soon....
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2012, 09:05 AM

Hi Jean, good morning to you.

I picked up an ear infection years ago which originated from a local swimming pool & which seems never to go away completely but lays dormant for many months & then flares up again, particularly if I use my hearing aids.

I have every sympathy for anyone experiencing ear pain....it can be excrutiating. I hope your medics come up with something........soon.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2012, 12:36 PM

Jean I hope you don't have to wait too long to see someone at the ent clinic. It must be miserable for you having this kind of pain...
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2012, 02:07 PM

Thanks, just hopes whatever happens it works this time.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2012, 02:12 PM

Not so good Jean....Hate Earache makes you Miserable. Hope it clears soon for you
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2012, 04:42 PM

Hello Jean, when you say ears drained do you mean syringed?

I've had bad ear infections in the past, very painful indeed.
janet gracey
london
janet gracey is female  janet gracey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2012, 04:57 PM

Hello Jean, sorry to hear about your ear infection. I've never had that myself, but have had ears syringed a few times. could you not phone up ENT clinic and tell them that you are on their list and could they help you with an early appointment as it is getting worse? You never know.
Jean
Northern ireland

19-10-2012, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
Hello Jean, when you say ears drained do you mean syringed?

I've had bad ear infections in the past, very painful indeed.
No they mean surgery.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2012, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Jean ->
No they mean surgery.

I think I can get hold of a Bradle and bitt, would that help Jean darling???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top