Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
sandra
Bristol
sandra is female  sandra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2014, 11:42 AM

Re: IF LIVING ALONE...what are your priorities

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
As for priorities, just getting through the day is an achievement .....
As long as I'm still happy at the end of my day thats great
sandra
Bristol
sandra is female  sandra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2014, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
Dont forget at our age we can please ourselves,just dont get in a rut .
Must bear in mind I can please myself now ...absolutely right..
sandra
Bristol

18-06-2014, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by venus ->
Hi Sandra
My days don't always go as planned. I do make lists and love giving a tick to each task. I also make lists of projects (small and large) and saunter through them. Making time to relax is also good as is taking short breaks away.
My days dont go as planned either..I dont put household chores on my list ...I just do those as and when..on my list are projects and garden stuff...get cross with myself for not doing more..love that word-saunter...think I'll try to put it into practice ..thanks..
sandra
Bristol

18-06-2014, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
I don't live on my own now but did for long periods in the past - I made lists too!

I think it just seems to be the thing to do and you don't need prompting!

You've come up against what a lot of people find sandra - the list always gets longer, but that's good 'cos it means you've got stability and order basically set-out in your mind but maybe haven't quite mastered the whole thing!

I used to set out to clean the whole house for example then find I'd spent all day experimenting with a bit of cooking or reading or pottering about in the garden.

Doesn't matter that much really and I never really got to the point where I was actually lonely either.

That's the secret and it seems to mystify people that you just don't get lonely except on what I'd call special occasions, like Christmas or your birthday.

Hope that helps a bit from a male perspective - the same I should imagine. stevmk2
Thank -you...loneliness is a state of mind...I dont get lonely.. in my opinion.. keeping busy is the answer to a lot of problems people get .. I just need to slow down a bit..Try to relax and just be!
sandra
Bristol

18-06-2014, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Such an easy question; American psychologist Abraham Maslow put forward a theory of psychological health, the Hierarchy of Needs in in the 1940s and that still applies though it has to be modified for the 21st Century

Agree with most of it but not neccesarily in the order its put
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2014, 12:30 PM

There's a line from a song by Canadian songwriter /musician, Murray McLauchlan,

"alone but never lonely, that's how I long to be" pretty much says it.
sandra
Bristol

18-06-2014, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
There's a line from a song by Canadian songwriter /musician, Murray McLauchlan,

"alone but never lonely, that's how I long to be" pretty much says it.
Hi... we live in a brilliant age and we've got so much to be grateful for...love life.... love my garden ..and everything we need..is readilly available to us..Because I live alone with no pets...sometimes get a bit confused where my priorities lie....but i'm getting there....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2014, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by sandra ->
Hi... we live in a brilliant age and we've got so much to be grateful for...love life.... love my garden ..and everything we need..is readilly available to us..Because I live alone with no pets...sometimes get a bit confused where my priorities lie....but i'm getting there....
You sound a great gal to me - glad you picked up on the word 'saunter' - that's all you need after you get those tasks done, be sure theres time to relax 'you' time
bloggsy
Hampshire
bloggsy is male  bloggsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2014, 01:02 PM

I have no priorities, I make things up as I go through the day
sandra
Bristol

18-06-2014, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by bloggsy ->
I have no priorities, I make things up as I go through the day
If you can do that ..good for you! ...If I do that I get in a muddle!

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top