Join for free
Page 2 of 29 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2015, 01:04 PM

Re: Air Crash ( Breaking News )

As I write it is on the news that the Marseilles prosecutor believes that the plane was deliberately crashed by the co-pilot.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2015, 01:09 PM

I heard that too, terrible news if it's true. Law of unintended consequences - lock out the would be terrorists and a suicidal pilot can crash the plane if he's left alone.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2015, 01:21 PM

Such tragic news
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2015, 01:33 PM

How terrible to take all those poor innocent people with him, it's mass murder.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2015, 01:44 PM

Just awful. I had a sneaking suspicion that it may have been deliberate as it just didn't seem to fit other scenarios. It is indeed mass murder, and must make it even harder for the relatives to absorb.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2015, 02:05 PM

Just heard he was only 28, and his parents are on their way to the crash site. This is terrible for them too.
This young man must have been in a suicidal frame of mind without anyone knowing or he may have had distorted thinking while in an unbalanced state of mind, it's scary that it can be hidden and nobody realised.
Who would think the worst threat to you in a plane could be a pilot.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2015, 03:03 PM

If the co pilot was suicidal he could have jumped off a cliff, he didn't need to take innocent people with him. I think I would be looking at other reasons.
Agent
north east
Agent is male  Agent has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2015, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
If the co pilot was suicidal he could have jumped off a cliff, he didn't need to take innocent people with him. I think I would be looking at other reasons.
Yes.. And me
Anita
Midlands, UK

26-03-2015, 05:52 PM

Do you mean you think he didn't do it, that there was another reason or that he was a radicalised terrorist, just wondering?
Agent
north east
Agent is male  Agent has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2015, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Anita ->
Do you mean you think he didn't do it, that there was another reason or that he was a radicalised terrorist, just wondering?
For myself the first reaction I had when I read the circumstances of the crash . 8 mins to decent , no real contact with air traffic control , even on total loss of power, on these airliners a little windmill deploys to power the radio. Didn't sound like structural failure, or like a explosion on board. very unusual indeed.
I could not help thinking it may be a terrorist attack. I really do hope the co-pilot was not a radicalised Muslim convert.

Page 2 of 29 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top