Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2015, 07:30 AM

Re: How unfair is this?

Terrible and exactly why we need to sort our selves out here as people are suffering. At work we have a lovely lady from Nepal, she came here with her original employer but when she was let go didn't have the means to get home, had by that time been here 12 years and applied to stay, she is now here permanently but cannot get permission to bring her husband and children. Until she changed jobs they came over every few months to see her but since she applied to stay they have been refused permission to come.

It's a terrible mess and breaking up families.

We need people like these families, we don't need so many of the job seekers we are importing from the EU.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2015, 08:11 AM

Romanians can come here with families, but Aussies can't, the reason is that the Romanians are in the EU and the Aussies aren't.
A friend of mine was kicked out of OZ because his sponsors had died, he had a house there a job and a good bank account, but was not allowed to stay, he managed to get back 2 years later by marrying his long time girlfriend who was an Aussie.
that is the way to run an immigration strong and fair.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2015, 08:19 AM

That depends if you support breaking up families or not I guess, myself I don't and it doesn't sound fair at all.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2015, 08:21 AM

I´m a little baffled by the position of your Nepalese friend Julie. If she doesn´t have the means to go back to Nepal then how could her family afford to come to UK for holidays?

The family in question here is a very different matter, they already have property in the UK, the husband has a good job waiting for him, they will not be requiring benefits and will not be taking anything away from anyone. No doubt they are paying council tax on their property and no doubt the Australian husband paid tax during the time he lived and worked there. It is a ridiculous and extremely unfair situation.

As for importing "job seekers" from the EU, well that very much depends on what kind of people you mean by "job seekers", many from certain countries are not coming to seek jobs, they are coming for the benefits, stop handing out those so easily and not so many will come.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

22-04-2015, 08:46 AM

The employer brought them over it was part of her contract with them. Only bit wasn't written into the contract was if they didn't want her any more they should send her home. An expensive mistake for her.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2015, 09:04 AM

So which political party will address this kind of gross injustice?
Would a labour government have refused her husband too?
Will it take leaving the EU to stop this craziness?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

22-04-2015, 09:39 AM

I'm not sure what I am sure about is if we leave the EU we will instantly have less immigration so people hopefully will regain a sense of kindness and tolerance towards people who want to join their families and who need to come here for asylum etc. With unfettered immigration we all become hardened to hard ship cases.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2015, 09:44 AM

Well I'm anyone's at the moment.
But immigration and NHS are my two biggies.
I'd even vote for that wanker Cameron if I thought he'd.... no I really can't believe I said that.
Husband says if we leave the EU it would mean economic disaster.

I've never ever been so undecided
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2015, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Well I'm anyone's at the moment.
But immigration and NHS are my two biggies.
I'd even vote for that wanker Cameron if I thought he'd.... no I really can't believe I said that.
Husband says if we leave the EU it would mean economic disaster.

I've never ever been so undecided

I feel the same - undecided
All I am certain about at present, is that Cameron has done 'nothing' to help the situation of the EU and immigrants, Farage gave him a kick up the backside and got him worried so now we have the promises - do I believe them - no ........
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

22-04-2015, 10:01 AM

I don't know how anyone can predict financial collapse if we leave EU. I am presuming we will still be buying and selling and people will still need what we make and we will still need what they make.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top