Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2015, 06:44 PM

Re: How unfair is this?

Originally Posted by Losos ->
Me neither. Hope you are well down there Patsy (Always refer to people South of me as down there )

Took our two dogs to Knettishall Heath this afternoon. Casey (The rescue) loves to rush up to dogs we meet, I try to hold him 'cos he's big and little dogs react badly, but he's not actually aggressive. Anyway only met one, rest of time he was 'off lead' and snifing to his hearts delight in the forrest and on the heath.

It was lovely to see him and Rianna doing what dogs love to do.

I should say so - good for you too, nice fresh air and good scenery - lovely
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2015, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Definitely 'no sneering' - hate the word and your suggestion, strange mind you have there .........
Don't worry I doubt anyone else saw it as sneering Patsy. Actually don't think I have ever seen you sneer or anything like it.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2015, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Don't worry I doubt anyone else saw it as sneering Patsy. Actually don't think I have ever seen you sneer or anything like it.
Ugh - horrible term .........
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2015, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
The employer brought them over it was part of her contract with them. Only bit wasn't written into the contract was if they didn't want her any more they should send her home. An expensive mistake for her.
Hi Julie, well just to (try) to take this thread back to seriousness.

Not just in UK where this happens. In Saudi Arabia there are thousands (maybe even tens of thousands) of Philipino workers in exactly the same situation and despite the huge wealth of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia they face a far worse prospect with literally no government help at all.

OK I'm outa here now, be back in a day or so.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2015, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by sue_arnold ->
Another serious topic ruined by the last 5 moronic posts
That's me then, sorry that you see me as a moron, if that's your perception then there's not much I can do about it.
I certainly meant no disrespect to Markey when I posted a comment about his Russian Mafia story, it's intriguing.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2015, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
Hi Julie, well just to (try) to take this thread back to seriousness.

Not just in UK where this happens. In Saudi Arabia there are thousands (maybe even tens of thousands) of Philipino workers in exactly the same situation and despite the huge wealth of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia they face a far worse prospect with literally no government help at all.

OK I'm outa here now, be back in a day or so.
Yes seems to happen a lot and is so sad for the people it happens to, some how I thought here in UK we would help a person like that and reunite them but no such kindness offered
AJ53
New Member!
Wiltshire
AJ53 is male 

29-04-2015, 11:02 AM

Sometimes you have to listen to people other than politicians-understand that they have only there own interests at heart.
Take Neil Woodford the countries most successful fund manager (Invesco Perpetual). On BBC Hardtalk asked about the EU he openly said that the Economic union in Europe was untenable in it's present state (rich and poor members) and unless fundamental changes were made that it would collapse (Greece is already suffering a slow death).
He has no axe to grind and says it as it is...why do you think Nigel farage is so vilified?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2015, 02:49 PM

Good post AJ, I don't know why people vilify Nigel, it's a matter of simple economics, the people of poorer countries will naturally migrate to ones where they can raise a family and make a good life for themselves. Can't blame them for that. And being as the UK is doing better than most other EU countries they have migrated here. But we are an Island, and our land mass is one of the least of the EU, and our population per square mile is the highest in the EU....It does not take a mathematician to calculate where this is going.
This is the most serious issue that we should be dealing with; more important than the NHS, the economy, housing and the benefits system; In fact, by reducing the population, it would help all the other issues too. I'm not saying send people back from where they originated, but stop rewarding people for having too many children, and stem the flow of migrants flooding the country. None of the parties take this seriously at all, Labour, Lib Dems and the Green party absolutely refuse to discus it, and David Cameron is looking at it under duress. Nigel Farage is the only one who will address this problem, he would probably make a crap Prime Minister on other issues, but just on our exit from the EU and getting to grips with immigration means I will give him my vote. The country is going to the dogs [or selling out to europe] and there soon won't be a Britain or a NHS to worry about it will be in the hands of Brussels. I'm just surprised that more people can't see what the hell is going on, but they will, when it's too late.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top