Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2015, 01:06 PM

Re: Conservatives.

Originally Posted by maursey ->
I have always voted Labour but I am going to vote Conservative this time. I have been pretty satisfied with what they have done since being in power.
I did think of voting UKIP but a little nervous about their policies.
Mersey you surprise me, I am flabbergasted that you say you are satisfied with what they have done.
The NHS is not running well under them, I never heard of a food bank when Labour were running the country.
Under Labour we never had bedroom tax, and the sick got a fair deal under them.
I could go on and on and on, think very carefully where you put that cross.
If it hadn't been for Labour many banks would have gone under and you would probably lost your savings, it was the banks that caused the crisis for this country not Labour as the Tories would have you believe.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2015, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by wrinkly ->
mersey you surprise me, i am flabbergasted that you say you are satisfied with what they have done.
The nhs is not running well under them, i never heard of a food bank when labour were running the country.
Under labour we never had bedroom tax, and the sick got a fair deal under them.
If it hadn't been for labour many banks would have gone under and you would probably lost your savings, it was the banks that caused the crisis for this country not labour as the tories would have you believe.
Chris99
Glasgow
Chris99 is female  Chris99 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2015, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by maursey ->
I have always voted Labour but I am going to vote Conservative this time. I have been pretty satisfied with what they have done since being in power.
I did think of voting UKIP but a little nervous about their policies.
Are Labour going to cease paying the Winter Fuel Payment of £100.00 to all OAP's or will they still be paying it to OAP's on sup/benefit? Anyone know?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2015, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Chris99 ->
Are Labour going to cease paying the Winter Fuel Payment of £100.00 to all OAP's or will they still be paying it to OAP's on sup/benefit? Anyone know?
They will not be paying it to those 'well off'
If you recall some actors were passing theirs on to charity .....
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2015, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Mersey you surprise me, I am flabbergasted that you say you are satisfied with what they have done.
The NHS is not running well under them, I never heard of a food bank when Labour were running the country.
Under Labour we never had bedroom tax, and the sick got a fair deal under them.
If it hadn't been for Labour many banks would have gone under and you would probably lost your savings, it was the banks that caused the crisis for this country not Labour as the Tories would have you believe.
Good and bad with all politicians.
There are more people in work now and the country is gradually clearing up their debt. The NHS has been marvelous for me so I can't say anything against it.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2015, 05:13 PM

The NHS will continue to travel up sh*t creek no matter who is in power…And frankly I don't think ANY of the political parties have much interest in it other than as a political football.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2015, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
The NHS will continue to travel up sh*t creek no matter who is in power…And frankly I don't think ANY of the political parties have much interest in it other than as a political football.
Yes I agree.

I can also agree with Maursey because she has also been pleased with the treatment she has had on the NHS. I've always said it's a purely personal experience for everyone as to how you are treated and if it's a positive experience, well that's great.

Working in the NHS I have seen drastic changes, but I still cannot imagine what the country would be like without it. Lots of staff are trying to make it as good as it can be. Can't say that about the politicians..............

On another note. I actually quite like David Cameron as a personality. I don't find him smug or creepy. I'd never dream of voting Tory though. I've never been a "Tory" person. Too down to earth and a people person for that shennanigans
Anzac
South West UK
Anzac is female  Anzac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2015, 06:15 PM

VM has saved me the trouble of writing anything much. For those who are happy that there are more jobs, just consider than most of them are for jobs with zero hour contracts and minimum wage which is not the same as a living wage. That's why so many "in work" families are struggling.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2015, 06:27 PM

I think no matter which party gets in, it's six and half a dozen, or Tam and Thomas as we say in Scotland

There's no such thing as the perfect government for everyone. That's why I wouldn't slag any party off too much. But that's just me.
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2015, 06:27 PM

Seriously though. Politics is like religion. We all have different views and none of us is happy to back down, so it doesn't seem worth disagreeing about it. What suits some doesn't suit others.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top