Join for free
Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2015, 03:05 PM

Re: Conservatives.

Quite Julie if Cameron and the Toerags get back in the big question is will there be enough foodbanks and will they be able to cope?

And yes you are right the problems the Labour Government encountered originated in the USA subprime mortgage market with the likes of Freddie Mac and Fannie Mac.
Roseredlee
United Kingdom
Roseredlee is female  Roseredlee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2015, 06:22 PM

Having experienced several terms of office of both major parties, I think a clear pattern emerges - under the Tories the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. And when I say the poor, that encompasses about 98% of the population. This last lot, with no proper mandate to govern, have intensified that result and gone a long way to destroying the NHS to boot. Given a largely right-wing press much of which is controlled STILL by Aussie Murdoch, with the Sun's usual scurrilous last day headline especially, I think that the Labour Party is constantly having to battle to get its policies across. It was lovely to see the teenage girls outraged by this unfairness and trying to redress the balance with their Milifandom twitter campaign!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2015, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I agreed with you until recently when I looked a bit closer and wider, we were in a world recession caused it seems by USA more than anyone else. Labour could do nothing to stop it. The banks and gold and out debt all suffered I agree but that is what we get as a country when we elect people who have no experience of things and I am not convinced any party actually has people who know what they are doing at the top.
When you say the country is back on it's feet I see people starved to death because of benefit cuts and more people on the streets here than I have seen since the 70s. I see people struggling to feed their families and worried about the next round of cuts we are promised by the Tories. I see kids being given breakfast as school because their parents can't afford to feed them at home.
People starve to death, in Surrey?? bit of an over exaggeration to say the least. If we cut benefits then people would have to go out to work, and don't tell me there are no jobs to be had, that is rubbish. The trouble is 90% of the time they can't be bothered to go self employed for starters or think menial jobs a beneath them.

Yes there are some that are unable to work for one reason or another I accept that,but the internet always has jobs advertised.
The English are getting lazy and rather have foreigners take jobs from under them which they could do just as well.

If their were not rich people running businesses there would be no work for the workers, something so much overlooked.
No companies = no jobs but the average man on the street just can't see it
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2015, 07:31 PM

Perhaps the average man in the street is not so ignorant.
Anzac
South West UK
Anzac is female  Anzac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2015, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
People starve to death, in Surrey?? bit of an over exaggeration to say the least. If we cut benefits then people would have to go out to work, and don't tell me there are no jobs to be had, that is rubbish. The trouble is 90% of the time they can't be bothered to go self employed for starters or think menial jobs a beneath them.

Yes there are some that are unable to work for one reason or another I accept that,but the internet always has jobs advertised.
The English are getting lazy and rather have foreigners take jobs from under them which they could do just as well.

If their were not rich people running businesses there would be no work for the workers, something so much overlooked.
No companies = no jobs but the average man on the street just can't see it
They might not be starving realspeed but even the richest areas have pockets of poverty amongst families who work, sometimes having several jobs, but don't earn enough to cover their needs or are held down with zero hour contracts. People running businesses should be able to make a decent profit but they should also recognise that they get rich on the backs of the labour of others and that those workers deserve a wage they can live on.

It's easy to be judgemental when you're not on the sharp end.
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth

06-05-2015, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Anzac ->

It's easy to be judgemental when you're not on the sharp end.
Exactly so Anzac but you'll find some on here just don't believe it.

Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top