Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2015, 09:27 PM

Re: The SNP

Originally Posted by Anzac ->
SNP tends to vote with Labour anyway so don't see that it will make much difference. The stuff about "balance of power" is just scaremongering IMO.

Nicola Sturgeon is astute, articulate, confident and, reputedly, ruthless; she'll go far whatever happens.
You describe her perfectly Anzac. Her main objective is independence for Scotland. Maybe you did not see her chuckle when she said this election was not about independence in a speech north of the border I am only glad we are still part of the UK as I don't think we could afford her on our own
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2015, 01:33 PM

Nicola has never made any secret that she wants to see an independent Scotland. When the Referendum was in the early stages there were 3 questions on that Ballot Pater. Yes. No. or Devo Max. It was David Cameron who made the Devo Max Option be removed as he was well aware that most Scots would have gone for it. Stay in the Union but Westminster would have no power over how Scotland was run.
https://auldacquaintance.wordpress.c...cots-bastards/
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2015, 01:39 PM

[QUOTE=Anzac;642039]SNP tends to vote with Labour anyway so don't see that it will make much difference. The stuff about "balance of power" is just scaremongering IMO.

Nicola Sturgeon is astute, articulate, confident and, reputedly, ruthless; she'll go far whatever happens.[/QUOTE]

You can bet your bottom dollar she efinitly will. You've described her perfectly. Scotland's more gentler Iron Lady
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2015, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Nicola has never made any secret that she wants to see an independent Scotland. When the Referendum was in the early stages there were 3 questions on that Ballot Pater. Yes. No. or Devo Max. It was David Cameron who made the Devo Max Option be removed as he was well aware that most Scots would have gone for it. Stay in the Union but Westminster would have no power over how Scotland was run.
https://auldacquaintance.wordpress.c...cots-bastards/
Thanks for the link Roxy...may be a case of 'SHE who laughs last laughs longest' :~)
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2015, 07:40 PM

As my wee granny used to say " it'll aww come oot in the wash". Which it will. Us armchair politicians won't get a look in.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top