Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2015, 06:59 AM

Re: Nepal earthquake

There are plenty of charities and organisations that need money to help these people. Why not donate something now? Nepal is one of the poorest nations on the planet.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2015, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
There are plenty of charities and organisations that need money to help these people. Why not donate something now? Nepal is one of the poorest nations on the planet.
The DEC has launched their appeal today ....

http://www.dec.org.uk/
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2015, 08:35 AM

I don't know about anyone else but we already do http://www.canepal.org.uk/ not much and not enough but all we can manage really.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2015, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
The DEC has launched their appeal today ....

http://www.dec.org.uk/
Thanks for the link Meg. I've just made a donation and it's so simple. It's just an awful situation
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2015, 12:23 PM

Good news for the staff where I work the 2 missing Nepali's have been found, one has broken leg and collar bone other is a bit bruised but both will be fine.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2015, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Myra ->
Thanks for the link Meg. I've just made a donation and it's so simple. It's just an awful situation

Same Myra, only did mine a bit differently. One of my Yoga teachers in a lovely Hindu lady, heart of gold she has, and she was doing a collection at class on Wednesday.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2015, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Same Myra, only did mine a bit differently. One of my Yoga teachers in a lovely Hindu lady, heart of gold she has, and she was doing a collection at class on Wednesday.
Now that's really nice Mups. How kind.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2015, 06:19 PM

They had a collection in Tesco this morning, I felt like crying, I just tipped all the money I had in my purse straight into the tin, it wasn't a lot but made me feel a bit better.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2015, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
There is so many natural disaster abroad ,, i'm glad I live in a country that at worse it can get is flooding .
Nothing compared to the Nepal disaster but I wouldn't be too dismissive of flooding - four were killed in flooding in Queensland last night and three in NSW about a week ago. As I say nothing compared to the disaster in Nepal but floods should not to be dismissed as a danger.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

02-05-2015, 08:38 AM

Nothing compared to the Nepal disaster but I wouldn't be too dismissive of flooding - four were killed in flooding in Queensland last night and three in NSW about a week ago. As I say nothing compared to the disaster in Nepal but floods should not to be dismissed as a danger.
Yes, water can be very scarey and dangerous. The tsunami was horrendous.

I know what you mean Eliza. I also think we are fortunate in this country.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top