Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2015, 02:20 PM

wolf whistles...fun or felony?

West Mercia chiefs were accused of getting their priorities wrong after sending officers to probe Poppy Smart’s claims of sexual harassment.

The 23-year-old marketing assistant complained after hearing the “disrespectful” calls as she passed the site in Worcester on her way to work.

But Philip Davies, who is seeking re-election as Tory MP for Shipley, West Yorkshire, said: “I would have thought the police have better things to do.

“I don’t know how many burglaries there are to investigate in Worcester, but there are probably quite a few....

And so on, blah blah blah...

I couldn't quite believe this when I read it!
What do others think?
Surely it's a compliment, just a bit of fun?
Has the world gone mad?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2015, 02:22 PM

Re: wolf whistles...fun or felony?

I don't mind a whistle - but with no added comments .......
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2015, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
West Mercia chiefs were accused of getting their priorities wrong after sending officers to probe Poppy Smart’s claims of sexual harassment.

The 23-year-old marketing assistant complained after hearing the “disrespectful” calls as she passed the site in Worcester on her way to work.

But Philip Davies, who is seeking re-election as Tory MP for Shipley, West Yorkshire, said: “I would have thought the police have better things to do.

“I don’t know how many burglaries there are to investigate in Worcester, but there are probably quite a few....

And so on, blah blah blah...

I couldn't quite believe this when I read it!
What do others think?
Surely it's a compliment, just a bit of fun?
Has the world gone mad?
That is exactly what I thought when I read the article.
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2015, 02:27 PM

I'd love one now. Ha Ha.
I use to get wolf whistles in my younger day and I thought it a compliment that the guys thought I was worth whistling at.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2015, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by maursey ->
I'd love one now. Ha Ha.
I use to get wolf whistles in my younger day and I thought it a compliment that the guys thought I was worth whistling at.
Snap.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2015, 02:54 PM

Snap to you both. I'd be dead chuffed if I got a wolf whistle these days, I'd just wave and say hello and chuckle to myself.
Maybe there's more to this than the paper has said...perhaps they called out lewd comments and so she felt threatened.
But to get the police involved?????
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2015, 03:05 PM

I think this subject has come up before on threads, maybe it's a generation thing, in our day it was perfectly acceptable for men to treat 'females' as sex objects but things change.
I think it was just about compulsory for men on a building site to whistle at an attractive girl. It was generally only younger women though, anyone over 30 was considered past being sexy enough for a wolf whistle back in the day.
If this case involved comments of a personal and sexual kind then it would probably have to be investigated if she made a complaint.
If the police refused to investigate they would be in trouble for not doing anything.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2015, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Snap to you both. I'd be dead chuffed if I got a wolf whistle these days, I'd just wave and say hello and chuckle to myself.
Maybe there's more to this than the paper has said...perhaps they called out lewd comments and so she felt threatened.
But to get the police involved?????

That's the way it was Ruthio - I wouldn't like that either, times have changed and not for the better .....
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2015, 03:54 PM

If anyone wolf whistles me these days, they'd probably be on the way in to Specsavers
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2015, 03:59 PM

Id be dead chuffed if I got a whistle now days.. I always took it as a compliment.. I can understand when guys get out of hand and start making nasty comments but really ???

What really gets me is most of the girls walk round half naked and then complain if anyone so much as looks at them..Well.. If you put the goods in the window you can expect window shoppers..

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top