Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2015, 04:10 PM

Re: wolf whistles...fun or felony?

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Id be dead chuffed if I got a whistle now days.. I always took it as a compliment.. I can understand when guys get out of hand and start making nasty comments but really ???

What really gets me is most of the girls walk round half naked and then complain if anyone so much as looks at them..Well.. If you put the goods in the window you can expect window shoppers..
So true.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2015, 04:19 PM

Thank god there are still some sensible lady's in this world that don't get insulted by a compliment. When I worked on site it was a morning ritual to down tools and look out for the ladies on their way to work. We had fun no dirty talk, we was gents. There would be around 4 of us in the cradles on the side of the tower blocks in the city Fenchurch Street/Liverpool Street would be buzzing with totty of all shapes and sizes. We would whistle and they would be looking around to see not realising we were two storeys up. It normally took them a few mornings before the realised were we were.
Then they would look up and smile.
The only sod that used to moan was our site manager but we all reckoned he was just jealous cos he wasn't there with us.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2015, 04:30 PM

If I heard a wolf whistle I wouldn't even bother turning my head , as I know it wouldn't be for me anymore .

When a younger girl , pushing my baby in his pram , passing a certain shop weekly , I'd get a whistle , intrigued after a few complimentary whistles I sauntered In to the shop to find a parrot sitting on his perch....yes it was him ...I left deflated 😆
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2015, 04:48 PM

It’s enough to make you weep, for Gods sake what is happening to people nowadays, a Wolf whistle was always meant as a compliment to a woman since Eve turned over a new leaf in Adams presence, it’s just a way of saying “You look gorgeous”, no need for any dialogue the whistle says it all.
When my missus puts on something new I always give her an approving smile and a whistle, she loves it still. The world would be in a sorry state if a man could not appreciate beauty.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2015, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
It’s enough to make you weep, for Gods sake what is happening to people nowadays, a Wolf whistle was always meant as a compliment to a woman since Eve turned over a new leaf in Adams presence, it’s just a way of saying “You look gorgeous”, no need for any dialogue the whistle says it all.When my missus puts on something new I always give her an approving smile and a whistle, she loves it still. The world would be in a sorry state if a man could not appreciate beauty.
Absolutely right
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2015, 05:27 PM

Obviously some people simply can't find something serious to complain about.
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2015, 05:50 PM

I must admit I did get embarrassed at times. I was about seventeen and I use to have to walk down this long road to the little shop on the corner where I worked. On a Thursday the dustmen use to empty the bins down that road and always gave me a whistle. You can imagine how I felt all alone walking down that road towards them knowing I would get loads of wolf whistles.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2015, 06:37 PM

I am afraid that is not the full story.
I live near Worcester and the woman Poppy has just been on the local news.

Apparently what started as wolf whistles a month ago (which didn't bother her) turned into intimidation with men on a building site blocking her path and making comments about her body and she felt scared .
What next touching, stalking?

The men have been warned off by their employers/the police.

Poppy was shocked to see her picture in some newspapers today along with half the story.
I feel sorry for the girl, first she is intimidated then ridiculed in the press.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2015, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
It’s enough to make you weep, for Gods sake what is happening to people nowadays, a Wolf whistle was always meant as a compliment to a woman since Eve turned over a new leaf in Adams presence, it’s just a way of saying “You look gorgeous”, no need for any dialogue the whistle says it all.
When my missus puts on something new I always give her an approving smile and a whistle, she loves it still. The world would be in a sorry state if a man could not appreciate beauty.
Jem there will be a few single ladies wishing you had a brother
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2015, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I am afraid that is not the full story.
I live near Worcester and the woman Poppy has just been on the local news.

Apparently what started as wolf whistles a month ago (which didn't bother her) turned into intimidation with men on a building site blocking her path and making comments about her body and she felt scared .
I can understand that. What next stalking?

The men have been warned off by their employers/the police.

Poppy was shocked to see her picture in some newspapers today along with half the story.
This is what I suggested earlier Meg - I heard about the incident yesterday, I knew it was not just wolf whistles ......
I'd have done the same in her shoes - its totally wrong and intimidating ......

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top