Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2015, 06:42 PM

Re: wolf whistles...fun or felony?

Thanks for that Meg.
It all makes far more sense now.
Trust the papers to twist the story by only reporting half of it.

But who went to the papers in the first place?
If the young girl did then she's learnt a valuable lesson to keep away from the press!
But has she been paid for her story I wonder??
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2015, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I am afraid that is not the full story.
I live near Worcester and the woman Poppy has just been on the local news.

Apparently what started as wolf whistles a month ago (which didn't bother her) turned into intimidation with men on a building site blocking her path and making comments about her body and she felt scared .
What next touching, stalking?

The men have been warned off by their employers/the police.

Poppy was shocked to see her picture in some newspapers today along with half the story.
I feel sorry for the girl, first she is intimidated then ridiculed in the press.
That's a different kettle of fish altogether, I feel sorry for her now, the thoughtless newspapers will cherry pick the bits they want to print.
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2015, 10:42 PM

Yes I also feel so sorry for the young lady.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2015, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by maursey ->
I'd love one now. Ha Ha.
I use to get wolf whistles in my younger day and I thought it a compliment that the guys thought I was worth whistling at.

Same here maursey, but it seems another lifetime ago since I had one now. It would probably make me laugh and I'd think they'd left their glasses at home.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2015, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Thanks for that Meg.

If the young girl did then she's learnt a valuable lesson to keep away from the press!
Ruth not the girl I would say going by her interview maybe one of the men involved or someone to whom they told half the story ...
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2015, 12:05 AM

these days if I got a wolf whistle I'd be looking around for a myna bird!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2015, 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Thanks for that Meg.

Police would hardly get involved for just a 'wolf whistle'
and once its a police involvement, the papers get involved too ...........
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2015, 07:25 AM

What about "Help" for the blokes who feel the compulsion to make gestures towards the Female Faction, they need to realise that their actions are in danger of inflating an ego, that is already at bursting point.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2015, 09:31 AM

Its a brave man that offers up any gesture to a women these days, the chance of getting shot down for harassment is so much worse than in my day.

Ive given the odd wolf whistle ( do wolves whistle ?) and i knew some that came back again and enjoyed the attention. However no comments necessary its wrong to make anyone uncomfortable.

Strange that so many ladies feel that they are not found attractive when they get older, unless they only consider younger men are the only ones that count.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2015, 09:42 AM

I feel quite sorry for young men these days, they can't win.
Girls go around with very little on flashing all they've got, willing attention and seeming to crave it, you should see them in the city on a Friday or Saturday night around the clubs, then when they receive admiring glances or whistles that's all wrong.
To be honest I don't think a lot of young women know how to behave either!!!

Have just read this through and I sound just like my mum when I used to wear skirts up to my elbows

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top