Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2015, 09:21 PM

Re: wolf whistles...fun or felony?

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Oooo - you sound like Lauren Bacall Mups ..............

I can't remember what Lauren Bacall sounds like. Is it awful?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2015, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I can't remember what Lauren Bacall sounds like. Is it awful?
Far from it!
Very sexy!
http://entertainthis.usatoday.com/20...mphrey-bogart/
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2015, 10:32 PM

If that's the full story I can understand why she'd feel intimidated...
even so .. when I was a saucy young un' I had some blokes always drive past me as I walked to work in the morning.
At first they just flashed their headlights or peeped the car horn. There was about 4 of them in the car.
They kept doing this . so I ended up a bit embarrassed and looking the other way and ignoring them.
Finally they started slowing the car and crawling along the kerb alongside me and then I decided they were getting seriously bothersome and I'd had enough.
I told Mr M and he walked to work with me one morning. That day they neither flashed their lights, peeped their horn or slowed down.
It was the last I ever saw of them. they must have taken a different route after that.
It never occurred to me to tell the police .. I guess times must have changed.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2015, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Far from it!
Very sexy!
http://entertainthis.usatoday.com/20...mphrey-bogart/

Oooh yes, that's me. Sleek and sexy with a sultry voice. Thanks Ruthio.
I knew I'd be found out in the end.

Patsy, you're a saucebox. x
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

29-04-2015, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
If that's the full story I can understand why she'd feel intimidated...
even so .. when I was a saucy young un' I had some blokes always drive past me as I walked to work in the morning.
At first they just flashed their headlights or peeped the car horn. There was about 4 of them in the car.
They kept doing this . so I ended up a bit embarrassed and looking the other way and ignoring them.
Finally they started slowing the car and crawling along the kerb alongside me and then I decided they were getting seriously bothersome and I'd had enough.
I told Mr M and he walked to work with me one morning. That day they neither flashed their lights, peeped their horn or slowed down.
It was the last I ever saw of them. they must have taken a different route after that.
It never occurred to me to tell the police .. I guess times must have changed.

I wouldn't have been happy about that either Morticia, especially when they started kerb crawling, that's not good at all and way over-stepping the mark.
Some people don't seem to understand when its just harmless fun anymore.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

30-04-2015, 08:34 AM

[QUOTE=Mups;643566]I wouldn't have been happy about that either Morticia, especially when they started kerb crawling, that's not good at all and way over-stepping the mark.
Some people don't seem to understand when its just harmless fun anymore.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, that should have read "when it's NOT harmless fun anymore."
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2015, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I am afraid that is not the full story.
I live near Worcester and the woman Poppy has just been on the local news.

Apparently what started as wolf whistles a month ago (which didn't bother her) turned into intimidation with men on a building site blocking her path and making comments about her body and she felt scared .
What next touching, stalking?

The men have been warned off by their employers/the police.

Poppy was shocked to see her picture in some newspapers today along with half the story.
I feel sorry for the girl, first she is intimidated then ridiculed in the press.

First sensible post on this thread have not read the rest and don't no if this has been brought up.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/573...r-train-attack

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top