Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
AJ53
New Member!
Wiltshire
AJ53 is male 

29-04-2015, 10:41 AM

Another Criminal Cannot Be Deported

The Times 28th April

Yet another Criminal with over 70 convictions to his name has been allowed to stay in our country....the reason this time?...because he is an alcoholic and being sent back to a Muslim country which bands alcohol he would face physical punishment and imprisonment (Libya).
Since arriving as a student 34 years ago he has be convicted of 78 different offences and spent long spells in Jail, fighting his deportation since...would you believe 2008!
And how much has this case cost? considering this man has contributed Zilch to this country? Well....pick a number as long as it's in Millions. He will now be allowed to stay and live off benefits the rest of his life (Housing, Disability and the rest).
He left the immigration tribunal yesterday to celebrate.....

What is one to think of this?

When you have followed your parents example-worked honestly your whole life, paid your dues, saved conscientiously and believed in the Justice system what message does it send to us who still believe in right and wrong?
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2015, 11:05 AM

Re: Another Criminal Cannot Be Deported

Absurd in anyone's book. When are the powers-that-be going to wake up and use their common sense ?
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2015, 11:25 AM

I look at it this way.
If I invited a guest to stay in my house and he /she stole from me abused my trust or hospitality I would ask that person to leave and not allow them to return.

The same should be true on a wider national basis. Just as the drugs smuggelars in another thread knew the risks they took this man knew the risks in abusing his guest country and the religious punishment for drinking in his own..

My opinion would be the same regardless of his race or religion or even if it were a British person abroad.. You do not abuse hospitality.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2015, 11:34 AM

Hello AJ53 and welcome to the forum.
All I can say to that is it’s a right kick up the backside for every decent citizen who obeys the laws and works for their living, who said crime doesn’t pay? this chap seems to be doing alright, not everyone can afford to be an alcoholic.
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2015, 11:40 AM

Firstly I scrap the human rights bill , then we send him back , myself I would send him back regardless what happens to him in his own country , my partner that works for a london council , last year had to give keys to a flat to a Iran rapist with list of convictions , he so dangerous to woman that no council staff can't see him alone in the office , he only been in this country for 8 months and a ticking time bomb ready to rape one day soon , they can't deport him as he says he gay , but as long we have the human rights bill it will never change
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2015, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
I look at it this way.
If I invited a guest to stay in my house and he /she stole from me abused my trust or hospitality I would ask that person to leave and not allow them to return.

The same should be true on a wider national basis. Just as the drugs smuggelars in another thread knew the risks they took this man knew the risks in abusing his guest country and the religious punishment for drinking in his own..

My opinion would be the same regardless of his race or religion or even if it were a British person abroad.. You do not abuse hospitality.
I agree Cass. Completely.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2015, 01:23 PM

It just defies belief.
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2015, 02:47 PM

almost two out of three foreign national offenders who stayed in jail to fight deportation once they served their sentence last year are still in Britain. Over the past two years, almost 16,000 foreign national prisoners marked for deportation stayed in jail beyond their sentences

Work it out £45.000 a year to keep a prisoner , money could be spent elsewhere
AJ53
New Member!
Wiltshire
AJ53 is male 

29-04-2015, 09:22 PM

Thanks for all your replies, i just wonder where it's all leading too!
tina
Lincolnshire
tina is female  tina has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2015, 07:22 PM

it just beggars belief, what a soft touch we have become.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top