Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2015, 03:20 PM

Re: National Identity

Originally Posted by Markey1 ->
Australias boom is anything but for its Aboriginal people
they still poverty and humiliation, while their land yields the one of world's biggest resources boom
What happened in the past wasn't fair but things can only be changed for the better with time.
It's not a simple matter of spending shed loads of money on benefits, education and incentives yes, but it needs an intelligent approach or its doomed to fail.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2015, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Anita ->
I don't think there is a way of turning the clock back to Australia becoming just as it was before any white people came to Australia which is what it would require. I suppose all the people of UK descent could come back here !

If we were to be really strict about countries and who should live there, all the people who ever emigrated to the U.S. and their descendants should leave America too so that the U.S. can be returned to the Native Americans. We would be more than a bit overcrowded, of course The British Isles belonged to the Celts, so maybe all the Anglo Saxons and their descendants should return to Their homeland. They were the immigrants once.
I wasn't quite suggesting that but it's criminal how we have treated the people who originally live in several areas and we could do better by them than we do now. Throwing money at them doesn't help them much as has been said, we should be able to work out a compromise that allows them their dignity and to live as they wish.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2015, 03:32 PM

The ladies in the picture seem to have no problem posing with the cross of St George
It seems that it is only in Britain and England that the trendy lefties and the politically correct try to supress their national flag
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2015, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I wasn't quite suggesting that but it's criminal how we have treated the people who originally live in several areas and we could do better by them than we do now. Throwing money at them doesn't help them much as has been said, we should be able to work out a compromise that allows them their dignity and to live as they wish.
Totally agree ......
Australia is vast compared to here - so they would hardly notice the immigrants they 'do' let in, here, you can't miss them .....
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2015, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Sadly, due to a clerical error in 1787, all the innocent people were loaded on the First Fleet and shipped to Australia while all the crims were left behind resulting in the situation we find ourselves in today.
Would love a link to that
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2015, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Markey1 ->
If I was a aboriginal I be bit disappointed in how me country been taken over , esspicaly the thousands of ex cons from yesterday years ,
Me too. Appparently they are treated like second class citizens. How terribly sad.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2015, 05:03 PM

Britain also owes a debt of gratitude to all the immigrants that have come to live and work here in the UK, we are a better Britain because of them. However, due to a clerical error by labour in the late nineties and early 21st century, far more immigrants were allowed in before we had time to build enough infrastructure to accommodate them.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2015, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Sadly, due to a clerical error in 1787, all the innocent people were loaded on the First Fleet and shipped to Australia while all the crims were left behind resulting in the situation we find ourselves in today.
I think you're wrong here Bruce. It doesn't say that in the book I'm reading nor does it say it on Wikipedia. The crew and officials were not criminals but the majority of those transported were criminals.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2015, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Totally agree ......
Australia is vast compared to here - so they would hardly notice the immigrants they 'do' let in, here, you can't miss them .....

They wouldn't hardly notice. It's a MASSIVE country. I was mesmerised by it when I was there. It takes hours to fly from one part of the country to another. HOURS. Hardly comparable to GB. Finding an immigrant would be like finding a pea on top of a mountain there.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top