Join for free
seacroft
york
seacroft is male  seacroft has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2015, 07:34 AM

Last Nights Question Time

It was good to see last night from Leeds the three main party leaders grilled by great down to earth Yorkshire voters.

Our prime minister in my view one the night but I also thought Nick Clegg was better than I had expected.

The highwayman Miliband tried his best which aint very much almost falling of the stage at the end of his slot.

Just to point out one single important issue I think the Conservatives policy of giving the voter a choice of staying in or out of the EU in 2017 is worth a Tory vote alone.

Dont forget what Tony Blair said last week in support of Labour that you the voter are not capable of understanding the issue.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2015, 08:28 AM

Re: Last Nights Question Time

I only heard it on the radio, but im going to disagree with you. Cameron once again never answered any questions, and did his usual ducking and diving.

Clegg i feel knows they are in for a hiding, and seems to be positioning himself to try and cling on to anyone who will have him

Millband for me answered all that was thrown at him, and was honest enough to state his case directly, even though some of his answers were in direct opposition to the questions asked.

I still wont vote for any of them, they represent all that needs changing in our political system, sadly either Cameron or Milliband will walk through the door of number 10, so unless the fringe parties can exert a bit of true influence its more of the same on the way.

There are bits from all manifestos that appeal as well as i disagree with, making a choice for me is problematic, im still unsure of which if any box i will tick.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2015, 08:43 AM

Agree with Nom
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2015, 09:08 AM

Didn't believe anything they say, although I feel EM. seemed more sincere.
Let's face it they are not fighting for us, they are fighting to keep their jobs.
The audience were brilliant, not letting any off them get away with fobbing them off, but it will be next Thursday that counts, just be careful where you put that cross.
If you want the Tories or Labour to run the country, don't vote for a minority party that will get you nowhere.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2015, 09:21 AM

I am sorry to say I fell asleep no doubt I have heard it all before anyway.

I was only saying to someone yesterday I haven't had any direct communication from any of the parties and there don't seem to be any of the big posters around in farm fields and house windows like there used to be.

Maybe it is because we are in a 'safe seat' with a large majority here that politicians feel we are not a priority.
All the parties seem to be relying a lot more on media to get their messages out these days.

I then had a visit from a Tory lady who is running as a local councilor, she seemed ok and may get my vote for making the effort to visit me.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2015, 09:52 AM

I enjoyed it, the audience was brilliant, they didn't let any of them get away with anything!
But I have to agree with one of the questioners who confronted Cameron with the fact that it's all about economy with him and nothing about morality. And I thought C was slippery.
Ed was honest, I liked what he said about the futility of making promises. I thought that was a brave thing to say...

I agree Meg, there's been no canvassing around here which is remarkable given what a big city it is, no posters either.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2015, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I am sorry to say I fell asleep no doubt I have heard it all before anyway.
Me too!
There's something about the droning of politicians that always gets me nodding off.

Perhaps they could get together and market DVDs to combat insomnia.

Nice little earner! stevmk2
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2015, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I enjoyed it, the audience was brilliant, they didn't let any of them get away with anything!
But I have to agree with one of the questioners who confronted Cameron with the fact that it's all about economy with him and nothing about morality. And I thought C was slippery.
Ed was honest, I liked what he said about the futility of making promises. I thought that was a brave thing to say...

I agree Meg, there's been no canvassing around here which is remarkable given what a big city it is, no posters either.
Your right Ruthio, but one thing which was picked up by the BBC
was that Cameron never said he wouldn't cut this or that, only to say he doesn't want to do this or that, that says a lot to me we can expect drastic cuts if Tories get back in.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2015, 09:00 AM

He 'won't' say what the cuts will be - cunning ..................

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top