Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2015, 08:58 AM

Re: Lindsay sandiford

the holier than thou brigade are back on the boardwalks!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2015, 09:01 AM

If it's holier than thou not to peddle the filth that is drugs then I am happy to be one. Have you seen the terrible state that leaves lives in ? evil people supply that stuff.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2015, 09:10 AM

drugs are not "filthy" you are using emotitive language that is not true to try to exagerate your views. the people who supply this stuff are not evil - again emotitive language -misguided maybe an silly but NOT evil - the clear evidence from around the civilized world is that the death penalty does not reduce drug use - sure give them a stiff prison sentence - but heh I'd like to see you attempting to pull the trigger in the firing squad - game for it?
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2015, 09:16 AM

Gumbud I don't think it takes a compassionate person to deal in drugs. There is an element of greed, selfishness and not giving a damn what happens to people. Not very nice qualities, but maybe saying evil is extreme.

I couldn't shoot anyone. I think it should be like America where a lethal injection is given. Less barbaric.
seacroft
york
seacroft is male  seacroft has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2015, 09:22 AM

Most people I believe living in Britain and Australia expect that all tourists visiting their countrys should obey that countrys laws.

So why should this woman not be executed.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

04-05-2015, 09:26 AM

people who carry drugs [mules] are not 'killing' anyone they are simple carrying drugs that may or may not kill people - the people who kill people using drugs are the people themselves. Humans can kill themselves in many ways - smoking; alcohol consumption obesity; suicide and so the list goes on - drug traffickers carry drugs - they don't kill people! this concept needs lateral thoughts
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

04-05-2015, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by seacroft ->
Most people I believe living in Britain and Australia expect that all tourists visiting their countrys should obey that countrys laws.

So why should this woman not be executed.
but some of them don't obey the laws and still we do not kill them
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2015, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
people who carry drugs [mules] are not 'killing' anyone they are simple carrying drugs that may or may not kill people - the people who kill people using drugs are the people themselves. Humans can kill themselves in many ways - smoking; alcohol consumption obesity; suicide and so the list goes on - drug traffickers carry drugs - they don't kill people! this concept needs lateral thoughts
Okay. You have made me think.......
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2015, 09:42 AM

I think it fair to say that most people, if not all, know that the penalty for carrying drugs in some countries carries the death penalty if caught. We may not like or approve of the death penalty but the plain fact is that in some countries it still exists. Lindsay Sandiford knew this but risked carrying the drugs, she got caught, what more is there to say?
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2015, 09:43 AM

Gumbud, are you going to suggest that we should shoot the people who take drugs and let the supliers / traffickers go free?

An interesting little aside..... Victor Silvester, the dance band leader, ran off to join the army a little before his 15th. birthday and was soon fighting on the Western front. He was a very good marksman and as such was picked unwillingly to be in a firing squad 4 times. When it was discovered that he was underage to join up, he was sent home in 1917.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top