Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2015, 03:36 PM

Question to the men folk

Over the years the man nearly always been the bread winner ,these days woman can have amazing careers and earn more than their husbands

My exwife in the police force earn more than me by not much, my partner now earns 3 x times more than me ,but it doesn't bother me

Are you old fashion and still believe the man should always be the breed winner of ones home
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2015, 03:38 PM

Re: Question to the men folk

Hope this isn't 'just' for the men
I loved the way it 'was' - where the man was the breadwinner and the wife the home maker - sadly times have changed and its not really possible now - is it ........................
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2015, 03:42 PM

No pasty any one can answer , myself like to know if there' still men that think the same way as you
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2015, 03:42 PM

It did bother my husband when I earned more than him one year, caused me to cut back my hours for a happy husband and happy life. He very much believes in an old fashioned role and I have to say I agree with him really.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2015, 04:01 PM

I've always been the breadwinner and paid all the regular household bills. We had our 3 children in 5 years so Sheila had enough on looking after them but when they were all at school she got part-time work that fitted in with school hours. She kept her earnings but did buy replacement furniture etc. which doesn't come round too often with the result that she now has a few bob tucked away. Do I mind ? Not a bit as I get whatever I want and she gets whatever she wants..........everyone's happy.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2015, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I've always been the breadwinner and paid all the regular household bills. We had our 3 children in 5 years so Sheila had enough on looking after them but when they were all at school she got part-time work that fitted in with school hours. She kept her earnings but did buy replacement furniture etc. which doesn't come round too often with the result that she now has a few bob tucked away. Do I mind ? Not a bit as I get whatever I want and she gets whatever she wants..........everyone's happy.
I like the way you worked things out there Alan - tis good
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2015, 04:10 PM

I think i would expect a mans wage to be more than a woman's wage anyway. Not unless your a high flying career minded person? And that i would've never wanted it to be as family life is so precious....
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2015, 04:24 PM

I think the man as the breadwinner and the woman as homemaker is totally out of order in the 21st century. I tended to think in those terms when I was first married but not now. OK, women bear the children and we can't change that, but I see no reason why more men shouldn't be 'house husbands' and look after the children if the woman earns more money.
Boots
Dorset UK
Boots is female  Boots has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2015, 04:31 PM

I earned more or less he same as my husband when we were working and now we are on pensions there is very little difference. He has slightly more than me as he has a bigger OAP but our pensions from where we worked for the last 17 years is the same. We decided between us who would pay for what when it comes to regular bills, food etc, and the cost of holidays is shared between us. We each spend our own money when it comes to buying clothes and personal things. Although I did not work when my children were small and I lived abroad, since coming back to the UK I have always worked until I retired and would hate to be a wife who had to be kept by her husband and given an allowance as a friend of mine is.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2015, 04:44 PM

My ex husband made more than me, but we both put money in the pot. I've worked since I was 17. I'd have loved to have had the chance to not work when I had my three sons, but I couldn't afford not to. I think it's great when women have the choice to be stay at home mums and I love to hear it if that's what they want to do. My ex husband was not an old fashioned man in that respect. He was more than happy to have me working. He definitely wasn't the breadwinner.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top