Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2015, 04:55 PM

Re: Question to the men folk

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
I think the man as the breadwinner and the woman as homemaker is totally out of order in the 21st century. I tended to think in those terms when I was first married but not now. OK, women bear the children and we can't change that, but I see no reason why more men shouldn't be 'house husbands' and look after the children if the woman earns more money.
It's no more out of order than what you have just said, surely what works best for the couple is what is important. They have to work it out between themselves. We found much to both of our surprises my husband had a problem with it so we adapted and survived. Not saying everyone should do what we do but find your own way though these things.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2015, 05:01 PM

[QUOTE=Markey1

Are you old fashion and still believe the man should always be the breed winner of ones home[/QUOTE]

No i dont.
Anzac
South West UK
Anzac is female  Anzac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2015, 05:33 PM

I've always worked and sometimes earned more than my partner and sometimes not. It never bothered him.

My sons all have wives who work full time, mostly their earnings are fairly equal.
One has a wife who is the big earner, he looks after the kids and does some work of his own from home while they're at school. The others all do their share of the household chores, cook and help with the kids.

I'm proud of my boys! They're husbands fit for the 21C and the envy of many of their wives' friends who have husbands who do sweet FA even though they work as well!
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2015, 10:14 AM

If you have children, it makes sense for whichever partner earns more money to work and the other to stay at home with the kids. One of my stepsons has three beautiful daughters and stays at home with them "home-making" as his partner earns a lot more than he could. I don't think the male/female role is the main issue - it should be much more about sharing responsibility for the household. I've always worked, but I've also done my fair share of housework and childcare. Because I love cooking, I've also always done the majority of the cooking for the family. Marriage should be a partnership utilising each person's skills and attributes in a balanced way.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2015, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
If you have children, it makes sense for whichever partner earns more money to work and the other to stay at home with the kids. One of my stepsons has three beautiful daughters and stays at home with them "home-making" as his partner earns a lot more than he could. I don't think the male/female role is the main issue - it should be much more about sharing responsibility for the household. I've always worked, but I've also done my fair share of housework and childcare. Because I love cooking, I've also always done the majority of the cooking for the family. Marriage should be a partnership utilising each person's skills and attributes in a balanced way.
Yep I agree with you - in an ideal world - Mum or Dad being with the children would be lovely ........
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2015, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
I think the man as the breadwinner and the woman as homemaker is totally out of order in the 21st century. I tended to think in those terms when I was first married but not now. OK, women bear the children and we can't change that, but I see no reason why more men shouldn't be 'house husbands' and look after the children if the woman earns more money.
Hear, hear. Couldn't agree more.
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2015, 12:51 PM

If we could of adopt few years back the plan was I stay at home dad , and partner earn the money , it be madness not too , as she earns 3 times as much as me , more common sense than manhood
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2015, 05:38 PM

My hobby business brought in about £400 pa. Just before she got sick Jen`s fees were just under that a day.

I knew my place.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top