Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2015, 07:16 PM

Re: Happy voting, folks!

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Ive lived here 23 years, never had a candidate knock on my door, as for leaflets, 2 from UKIP 1 from the BNP, and yesterday i from Labour.
Does that mean that by default, for not bothering you, your vote goes to the Tories?
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2015, 08:36 PM

This is one of the most crucial elections in years and I am surprised at the seemingly lack of interest on the various forums I look into. We went to the polling station early and were met by a sole SNP rep at the door. We gave him a wide berth and put our crosses in the usual place.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2015, 08:42 PM

I haven't had any leaflets or callers either,the only folk at the polling station were 2 women taking details. I have a question though, seeing as we don't need to show our polling card and only need to give our name and address, what would stop anyone else who knew us trying to vote using our information if they thought we weren't voting?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2015, 10:12 PM

I've not had an callers either, but that suits me perfectly.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2015, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
I haven't had any leaflets or callers either,the only folk at the polling station were 2 women taking details. I have a question though, seeing as we don't need to show our polling card and only need to give our name and address, what would stop anyone else who knew us trying to vote using our information if they thought we weren't voting?
In theory nothing........but not in our village as everyone knows everyone!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2015, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Does that mean that by default, for not bothering you, your vote goes to the Tories?
Limp dems ignored me as well.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2015, 08:24 AM

Tories need another 22 to win. If not, does that mean a Coalition with Labour?! Oh please no!!!!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2015, 08:29 AM

What? All that whinging about Cameron and the Tories yet our news is now reporting that it is possible that he might have the numbers to form a government in his own right.

Obviously the over50 forum doesn't represent the real Britain??? Ukip fizzed, spluttered and went out, while the Scottish Nationalists own Scotland (how soon before Independence?)

Interesting.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2015, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
What? All that whinging about Cameron and the Tories yet our news is now reporting that it is possible that he might have the numbers to form a government in his own right.

Obviously the over50 forum doesn't represent the real Britain??? Ukip fizzed, spluttered and went out, while the Scottish Nationalists own Scotland (how soon before Independence?)

Interesting.
Yes, that puzzles me too. Must be a few closet Tories
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2015, 09:12 AM

56 seats for the SNP...WOW!...fantastic..Scotland has spoken, and it seems the English Electorate were as disenchanted with Labour as We Scots,so Cameron is now solely in charge :~(...but it's onwards and upwards for Scotland..the SNP MPs will have Their work cut out for Them in Westminster,but time will tell ;~)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top