Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2015, 06:26 PM

Re: Ballot paper

I had a nice chat with the ladies issuing the ballot papers and reminded them of the real important election today. Thats right you have until 12 tonight to vote for Britains National Bird, one of the ladies said she would cast her vote when she got home
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2015, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
When I voted no one asked me my number on the ballot paper, but another forum I am on someone refused to give his number when asked.
Hmmm - I'll not answer me door next few days ............
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2015, 06:35 PM

Steve - I wondered about that too
They don't say anything so what's the point ?
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2015, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
When I voted no one asked me my number on the ballot paper, but another forum I am on someone refused to give his number when asked.
I'm at a loss to know why they would have to ask for your number?
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2015, 06:54 PM

I think eventually it will be computerised, we just go in enter our number and put our mark, not so sure I like the idea but it is a way to get everybody to vote.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2015, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
I had a nice chat with the ladies issuing the ballot papers and reminded them of the real important election today. Thats right you have until 12 tonight to vote for Britains National Bird, one of the ladies said she would cast her vote when she got home
I already did that Nom.

At our polling station, it wasn't busy at 2 p.m. The only candidate present was my Daughters Boss. (Mine too before I retired.)
We had a nice chat.
Shows how keen the rest of the candidates for our constituency are doesn't it.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2015, 07:06 PM

The Town was really busy Today with Folks going to and from the polling Stations..I wasn't one of Them as I sent My postal vote away a week ago,but it was nice to be out in the sunshine hearing all Their views on the Candidates,some choice words made Me laugh....My Daughter and Her Husband were first in Theirs at 7 am this Morning before work :~)
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2015, 08:44 PM

I was the only one there at about 1.30pm.
There was a young man outside, wearing a big blue rosette and having a fag. He asked for my polling number as I went in.
When I got to the desk they gave me 3 bits of paper for different votes. I had a look and on the first 2 sheets there was only one person I had ever heard of. I said to the man, "I don't see how I can do this, how can I vote for a someone I've never even heard of. He might be the worst person ever." The man admitted I didn't have to, and the lady with him seemed to see my point. They said to put the slips in another box and leave them blank. As I walked away I heard the woman say. "See, people have never heard of these people."

When I finished and left the place, I wondered if I had done the right thing!
I asked the 'man with the fag' if I could change it, but he said NO. He then asked me who I voted for ! I saw his blue rosette and said "Well it wasn't your lot, and what's more, if Cameron brings back fox hunting, I hope he never gets another vote again!" To my surprise, he laughed out loud.
That gave me the courage to tell him I wanted people who not only cared about the NHS and Immigration, I wanted someone who would stop the greedy Gas & Electricity companies from putting my bills up and up.
I was getting in my stride by then, so told him I also wanted someone in power who cared about Animal Welfare, puppy farming, stiffer penalties for cruelty cases, then finished up by saying what was the point of bringing in compulsory microchipping if they didn't follow it through with compulsory scanning!
I asked him if he had a dog, he said he did. I asked him how he would feel if after he had it chipped, and then it got squashed in the road and he spent a fortune plus months of his time searching for it, and all the time it had been incinerated months before but because they don't have to scan dead bodies, no one thought to let him know.

He actually said "Good point. I never thought of that."

At that point I thought I'd better go. He seemed quite relieved. Don't know what came over me really. I only popped out for a 2 minute vote.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2015, 09:11 PM

Good for you Mups, time dead animals are scanned, only last week a beautiful cat lay dead in a gutter here, quite upsetting because I guessed it was somebodies loved one.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2015, 10:00 PM

We found a dead cat run over in our road & took it to the local vet, they did scan it & found the owner. She was very upset, but never even thanked us for taking it's body in. Yet the vet knew who we were.
If that had been my cat I'd have at least thanked the person for taking it in, letting someone know & not just throwing it in the trash. I'd probably have bought the person flowers too, or if a man a bottle of something.
I thought that was rude quite honestly.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top