Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2015, 10:08 PM

Re: Ballot paper

That does sound pretty rotten Tiff, are you sure they knew who had taken their cat in?
What I meant about no compulsory scanning is when the council collect dead bodies from the road, they won't scan them and let an owner know.
I strongly believe if it is to become law next year to have our animals chipped, it is totally pointless (probably a money spinner for someone), unless they follow on and make scanning compulsory as well. Otherwise its only half the job done.
Anyway, I felt surprisingly better once I'd said me bit today.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2015, 10:19 PM

Re: Ballot paper

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That does sound pretty rotten Tiff, are you sure they knew who had taken their cat in?
What I meant about no compulsory scanning is when the council collect dead bodies from the road, they won't scan them and let an owner know.
I strongly believe if it is to become law next year to have our animals chipped, it is totally pointless (probably a money spinner for someone), unless they follow on and make scanning compulsory as well. Otherwise its only half the job done.
Anyway, I felt surprisingly better once I'd said me bit today.
I don't think she even bothered to ask the vet who took the cat in, from what I could gather from the vets receptionist. She did say the owner was upset. Had been a lovely cat too, light ginger tabby, long haired. I had never seen it before.

A good idea if the animals have to be scanned by law.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top