Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2015, 09:56 PM

Tonight's television...

...has had me constantly reaching for the remote.

From the uninteresting Palladium

To channel hopping all round Sky

To muting the noise on Channel 4's charity Gala

There hasn't been one programme that has held my interest for more than ten minutes. Am I hard to please? Why do most comedians leave me cold? Why don't I laugh at the likes of Alan Carr, James Corden?

The irritation started on Palladium when the audience started hand clapping to a promisingly good act, people wearing suits that lit up. I turned over at that point.

Tried other channels. A docu about chimps? No, the dramatic music blaring while the chimps screeched at each other put my blood pressure up, so let's try something else. Seen it. Seen it. Seen it. Don't fancy it.

Leaving unwatched progs on the Sky box till I'm ready to burn to DVD.

Right, let's try the comedy Gala.

Sheesh. I switched the telly off before irritating Michael McIntyre bounced onto the stage. Now contemplating early to bed.

Do you have nights like that??
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2015, 10:49 PM

Re: Tonight's television...

You didn't mention the wartime drama on ITV at 9.00pm Jazzy.
It's called 'Home Fires' and I watched that. I think it's good..

That did me for tonight - I must admit I don't watch a lot of TV. I'm in the middle of reading a good book and also quite engrossed in 15 games of online scrabble.....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2015, 12:07 AM

I only watched a few of those so-called comedians in the charity 'comedy' gala, because of the 4 I saw, every single one of them was effing and blinding. I have said this before, I am sick to death of this type of 'humour', it does not show their skill at comedy to my mind, it just shows them to be gobby, and uncouth.
This programme was followed by Lee Mack doing stand-up, and he was exactly the same. F,F,F every other word. Now he has even said the 'C' word three times as well.
There is no skill in that whatsoever. I could stand on a stage and swear half the night if I wanted, it takes no skill does it. It's much cleverer to make an audience laugh through sheer humour and personality, these modern ones can't do that.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2015, 06:07 AM

I agree, Mups.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2015, 06:22 AM

I record stuff I'm interested in, sometimes late at night, so I always have something to watch even if there's nothing on on a particular night.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2015, 06:48 AM

I love Lee Mack but had turned off by James Corden. I normally have something on the box to watch but not at the moment. I want to wait till burning to DVD.

I don't watch Home Fires, Carol.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2015, 07:59 AM

Jazzi so agree with your comments.....my opinion TV is now pure crap....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2015, 08:07 AM

We enjoyed the palladium, the lighted suits were great but not sure what Mick Hucknell has done to himself though , then we watched Home Fires (best thing on tv at the moment) and earlier in the evening Steven likes Countryfile. So a full evening's viewing for us.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

08-06-2015, 08:22 AM

Julie, I'd love to have enjoyed the lighted suits, but it was the hand clapping that made me mute the telly so spoiled it for me.

There was only one Palladium I enjoyed in its entirety and that was a few weeks ago. Liked every act, especially the black singer Gregory Porter. What a voice. True to say haven't bothered much with others if I've not fancied the acts or compere.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2015, 08:28 AM

I thought the hand clapping was just people enjoying the act added to it for me as it shows it's filmed in front of real people only reactions annoy me are canned laughter etc where a machine decides how we should react.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top