Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 10:50 AM

Re: Your election promises!

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
There's a lot worse than herself around. Her husband's no oil painting either.
He has a different surname too.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I'd tell everybody in power what I think of them and impose free beer for all.

A bit like Nigel Farage would actually
Free beer sounds good. I might include a pie too.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

20-11-2019, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Put massive tariffs on all imports to promote British companies and manufacturing.
Prevent companies from growing too big and moving their production abroad.
Stop HS2 and improve the existing railway network.
Ban all foreign lorries off British roads.
Take back control of energy companies, communication networks and transport into British ownership.
Stop wasting money on climate change initiatives and carbon taxes, except renewable energy sources (Wind Turbines/solar panels etc)...
The Green Party and Lib Dems are going to waste billions of pounds on climate change when the UK will have zero effect on world climate change. The money would be better spent on the NHS and infrastructure (something useful)
Make 21 the minimum age for driving.
Licences required for ownership of Cats and Dogs.
Football teams can only have players who have been born within fifty miles of the club.
I'm off to bed now to think of some more............
I like that one.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 11:41 AM

Gay Marriage should be stopped immediately.
Civil partnerships are okay and should carry the same rights as being married for members of the same sex who want to live together, but no public ceremony.....
Public displays of affection between Gays (kissing etc) should be classed as indecent, and treated as such, although it should not be illegal to be gay.
Gay Pride events should cease immediately and be replaced with National Pride events. I quite like the Caribbean ones, and other nationalities living here should be encouraged to do the same....
Sport should be one of the main subjects taught in schools.
Homework should be banned, I never did any and there's nothing wrong with me..... If you can't learn stuff in seven hours you're destined to be a footballer or bin man....
Oh, and did I mention schools hours to be set at 9:00am - 4:00pm.
People leaving school should have a job and only allowed to attend university or college to train for that job. People without a job will serve two years national service.
Diesel and petrol will be rationed per week for private vehicles...Amounts to be decided.
Electric cars will be banned from all roads.....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

20-11-2019, 12:59 PM

All Royals made to wear clown suits and spinning bow ties when seen in public.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
All Royals made to wear clown suits and spinning bow ties when seen in public.
Ooo no, they'd scare me! At the moment they just annoy me!

I would ban lycra, ban road races of all types (let them race around fields), make beards compulsory for anyone capable of growing one. I would make showing one's knees an offence, punishible by wearing legwarmers in fluorescent colours at all times.
Free cheese for all!
Any person whose name starts with T should be allowed to be served first in supermarkets.
Cats would be banned from poking people in the face to wake them up.
Every citizen would be given vouchers for gnomes, garden or otherwise.
Dirigibles would replace all types of aircraft.
The wearing of brass goggles compulsory for all people over 50.

That's a start!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

20-11-2019, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Ooo no, they'd scare me! At the moment they just annoy me!

I would ban lycra, ban road races of all types (let them race around fields), make beards compulsory for anyone capable of growing one. I would make showing one's knees an offence, punishible by wearing legwarmers in fluorescent colours at all times.
Free cheese for all!
Any person whose name starts with T should be allowed to be served first in supermarkets.
Cats would be banned from poking people in the face to wake them up.
Every citizen would be given vouchers for gnomes, garden or otherwise.
Dirigibles would replace all types of aircraft.
The wearing of brass goggles compulsory for all people over 50.

That's a start!
I think this might b a bit niche but I like it.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 01:35 PM

Put massive tariffs on all imports to promote British companies and manufacturing.
Prevent companies from growing too big and moving their production abroad.
Stop HS2 and improve the existing railway network.
Ban all foreign lorries off British roads.
Take back control of energy companies, communication networks and transport into British ownership.
Stop wasting money on climate change initiatives and carbon taxes, except renewable energy sources (Wind Turbines/solar panels etc)...
The Green Party and Lib Dems are going to waste billions of pounds on climate change when the UK will have zero effect on world climate change. The money would be better spent on the NHS and infrastructure (something useful)
Make 21 the minimum age for driving.
Licences required for ownership of Cats and Dogs.
Football teams can only have players who have been born within fifty miles of the club.
I'm off to bed now to think of some more............
Foxy for our leader, yeah!!!!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I think this might b a bit niche but I like it.
You might like these too LD!

All orange people would have to prove that they aren't carrots!
If they can't then they would have to appear in Aldi adverts!
Weird eyebrows will be shaved off and sold as fake moustaches.
Wheelbarrows will be licensed to fund public parks.

Did I mention free cheese?
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 09:29 PM

Gay Marriage should be stopped immediately.
Civil partnerships are okay and should carry the same rights as being married for members of the same sex who want to live together, but no public ceremony.....
Public displays of affection between Gays (kissing etc) should be classed as indecent, and treated as such, although it should not be illegal to be gay.
Gay Pride events should cease immediately and be replaced with National Pride events. I quite like the Caribbean ones, and other nationalities living here should be encouraged to do the same....
Sport should be one of the main subjects taught in schools.
Homework should be banned, I never did any and there's nothing wrong with me..... If you can't learn stuff in seven hours you're destined to be a footballer or bin man....
Oh, and did I mention schools hours to be set at 9:00am - 4:00pm.
People leaving school should have a job and only allowed to attend university or college to train for that job. People without a job will serve two years national service.
Diesel and petrol will be rationed per week for private vehicles...Amounts to be decided.
Electric cars will be banned from all roads.....
You forgot to add goose stepping and concentration camps

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top