Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2021, 11:30 PM

Re: First time on a plane..

Originally Posted by carol ->
I'm going in a hot air balloon in a couple of months with Ady. Paula didn't want to go with him so I stepped in.

Anybody on here been for a flight?
Yes Carol, we have been on a hot air balloon flight in Egypt and flew over the Valley of the Kings. We enjoyed every minute of it.

Don't stand near the centre of the balloon as it's very hot!

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2021, 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
My first flight was to Jersey on my honeymoon 48 years ago.
My first flight was from Leeds/Bradford airport to Jersey on a gloriously clear September morning - magical. Have been in love with flying ever since.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2021, 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by Ullabi ->
Or maybe the fear of not being in the air as long as you should be.

Remember flying isn’t dangerous - crashing’s dangerous
Very true!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

30-06-2021, 04:47 AM

I'm going in a hot air balloon in a couple of months with Ady. Paula didn't want to go with him so I stepped in.

Yes - it was wonderful! Wear trousers and something warm - and be prepared for a bit of bumpy landing! You will love it!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2021, 05:53 AM

My first flight in a plane was in an Auster on a five minute joy flight during a week at Butlins (I think it was Claction) in the mid 1950s. I suspect the plane was probably a war surplus vehicle.

During the flight we went through an "air pocket" and the plane dropped like a stone - absolutely no idea what an air pocket is. I enjoyed it very much and was a bit peeved it was so short a flight.

My next flight was about a decade later when I flew from the UK to Australia on a Boeing 707, what hell that was, the damn plane had to refuel every five minutes so the whole journey took 48 hours. I returned to the UK by ship two years later. Modern flight is so much easier.

Suppose I shouldn't complain, the flight only cost me 10 pounds and was the start of a wonderful adventure.
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

30-06-2021, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Suppose I shouldn't complain, the flight only cost me 10 pounds and was the start of a wonderful adventure.
Were you what they call a ten pound pom Bruce?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2021, 07:01 AM

Oh that's wonderful Carol, I'm sure you will love it! Take a couple of photos if you can!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2021, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Yes Carol, we have been on a hot air balloon flight in Egypt and flew over the Valley of the Kings. We enjoyed every minute of it.

Don't stand near the centre of the balloon as it's very hot!
Oooh that's a dramatic picture, Mags! Love it!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2021, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Went on a Skiing holiday with the school to Italy
Sounds awfully posh. Did you go in your spongebags? 😐
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2021, 07:53 AM

We’re the same as baz, neither me or Mrs p have ever flown, never fancied a holiday abroad, I’m not scared of flying I’d probably enjoy it, I have been on a catalina flying boat on the ground when we once went to elvington air show, it was very cramped and I wouldn’t fancy endless hours being cooped up in it during ww2 as many were used in coastal command, I would’ve flown in that if we were allowed to though …

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top