Join for free
Page 8 of 35 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 18 > Last »
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 05:47 PM

Re: Hair!!!

Hi Blue,
So after reading over my last post I think I may have over complicated my post to you. I would have loved to have ‘pm’ed’ you but I can’t yet.

I can’t tell from your pictures how long your hair is. Doing just the ends with colour is probably the easiest and most practical. Since I have permanent cherry cola red I can’t colour just the ends or I probably would. That’s why I just do my fringe or bangs. It doesn’t clash with my cherry cola because my hair is usually tied back or bunned.
To be honest I never even tried the chalk but for you it might be the best option. The reason why I didn’t try it was because I read reviews that stated that it rubbed off on their clothes and was difficult to apply but having not experimented with it myself, I really don’t know. If you can find a party pack of chalk colours like SW showed, you might be able to create any colour you want. Maybe you could create a dark orange melting into a cherry cola colour. It would look like a sunset or the colours of autumn leaves and if that tickles your fancy then go for it. For myself personally the very reason I went with cherry cola red is because my henna was turning too orange. The reason being that I was far too grey and the colours stick so well and I hated it. The colour was far too bright against my face It looked horrible together with the silver hence the reason for the cherry cola.

You on the other hand CAN colour just the ends and I’d do them whatever colour you fancy that day. That’s the great thing about these colours is that they just wash out. What I do is match a hint of colour to either what I’m wearing or nail polish or eye liner. It works for me and it’s subtle,

I’ve never been one to conform to the social expectations. In fact, if anything , I’ll go the opposite of what most people are doing only cause I enjoy being uniquely individual and expressing that however I feel regardless of what others think. I’m a bit of a rebel I suppose.

Have fun with it Blue. Beauty is only skin deep but you’re beautiful from the inside out and I sincerely hope that when I’m ‘your’ age, I still have your SPUNK!
We aren’t here to decorate anybody else’s world. We’re here to decorate our own however we see fit.

Anyway I have to stain and finish some maple stair railings.

ROCK whatever colours you choose my friend.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 11:40 PM

Hey Blue,
I’m glad I didn’t lose you. Sometimes I elaborate far too much.
I hope I wasn’t the one who hurt your feelings. It certainly wasn’t my intention.
It’s ok if some posts got edited or deleted. I said what I wanted to say to the person I wanted to say it to and I’m good.
I would have just used a emoji but they didn’t quite have the one I was looking for.
It’s ok with me because I’m not looking to become the most popular. I’m looking for an outlet to have fun, share my interests and meet a valuable friend or two. That’s it. I don’t want to get addicted to a forum and its members. I’ve done it in the past and regretted wasting time when I’ve had other important things that I’ve needed doing so I HAVE to restrain myself or I’ll have too much fun. I’m trying to practice discipline.

At the moment this is the only thread I’ve been posting in and it’s the only thread I’ve started but holy smokes girl can you babble. You’ve got a million and a half threads going at once.

Clips are a great idea to pin hair back as it’s growing out. I use these little things as they actually stay in my hair plus they are super cute.

If you turn your back to the mirror you can probably take a pic of the back yourself.

Anyway if you decide to use the L’Oreal colour spray, pink & purple go nice together. I highly suggest getting either rose gold, silver or gold . The reason being is that they go really nice beside a matt colour. Unfortunately the matt colours are dull and can take away all the shine from your hair if you use too much.

Here is the purple as promised.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	D87E811C-7092-49E5-9631-FEAD02BC4A89.jpeg
Views:	55
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	5434   Click image for larger version

Name:	E5EE451E-83B6-4533-B43D-AFBF7C43E0A1.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	5435   Click image for larger version

Name:	9D449CB9-415F-48A8-AB2A-09C7068C5926.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	5436  
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2018, 01:50 AM

I have to sign off, I am exhausted tonight....

Love it, matches your eye shadow........thanks friend
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2018, 09:09 AM

**Some posts have been removed, please note anyone can post an opinion in this thread.
Do not post questioning a moderators actions, if you wish to do that please use the Contact a Supervisor section.
Thank you.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2018, 10:14 PM

Hi Bratti,

I could post a picture of my hair at the back, but it is nothing special and it is short. Below my ears, but not to my shoulders. On that picture above, I had it in a little pony tail...

I will get my colours next week. It is too cold right now, I don't feel like going anywhere.....

Take care my friend.....
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

15-03-2018, 03:27 AM

Hey Blue,
No worries hon. I will await your return.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

15-03-2018, 09:20 PM

Hi Bratti, my lovely friend...

I am not posting much right now. I have too much on my plate....but just popping in here and there....

Will get our heads together soon........click click !!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

15-03-2018, 11:57 PM

Not a problem Blue. I’m going to try and get the blue in my hair but also show you the silver in the cherry cola part of my hair. I’ll try and show you all the colours I have so you have a good idea. If Walmart doesn’t have all the colours you are looking for you can ask to order them for you and they will.
I’ve got lots to do also my friend so later.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

17-03-2018, 03:15 AM

Blue for Blue

I’ve been with the same man for almost 30 years now and the standard joke around our house is that I only have one speed. It’s go, go, go..... fall down. Whatever I’m involved in, I jump in with both feet passionately and keep going until it’s not fun any more and then I just stop. There is no ‘moderate’ in my existence. I’m either participating with both feet in or I’m not participating at all.

I’ve recently come to the conclusion that my socializing style is the same. It’s go, go, go .... fall down. Throw in some social anxiety and a bit of insecurity and I’m history , but that’s just the way I am.
I stumble and fall. It happens.

Another thing he sometimes has to remind me of is that I wear my heart on my sleeve whereas most people don’t. People who do , become more vulnerable but that’s the cost of playing fully and passionately.

Living life fully and passionately while expressing our true authentic selves, takes courage and it’s ok not to do moderate.

Anyway Blue, you play fully and passionately with both feet and wear your heart on your sleeve. You’re bound to get hurt from time to time but we ‘all’ do.
It’s the part that makes us human.

Don’t stay away for too long my friend.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	BA24A072-60E8-4311-86C6-4C76777B612C.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	5453   Click image for larger version

Name:	363AD0F1-73A9-4818-99B5-B788E9F31C9B.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	5454  
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

17-03-2018, 05:29 PM

Quote:

Anyway Blue, you play fully and passionately with both feet and wear your heart on your sleeve. You’re bound to get hurt from time to time but we ‘all’ do.
It’s the part that makes us human.

Don’t stay away for too long my friend.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually Bratti, you hit the nail on the head, but there is a little more to it. I am trying to do you a favour, and protect you because I 'care'.... I heard through the grapevine that you might get kicked to the curb if you continue to be my friend.....and I want to save you from being hurt, so I backed away a lot. That last thing I want for you after all your kindness to me.....I don't have PM yet, but I do have email with some friends.

The colours above are absolutely beautiful....took my breath away.

Page 8 of 35 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 18 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top