Join for free
Page 252 of 276 « First < 152 202 242 250 251 252 253 254 262 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2019, 03:22 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

I don't know about bravery; it's more like I feel locked in to this whole process.

A good friend did tell me to do exactly what the hospital told me to and so far I haven't deviated from this.

But I'm about to have 3 of Scotland's finest sausages plus a baked potato and baked beans for my tea. The butcher is more like a deli which is renowned for the quality of its meat and has won so many awards, restaurants use their products. The only time I previously had their sausages was in the stovies I bought there last week.

I opted for the beef ones - they were free as my friend, Andy, won a years worth of sausages there (up to 1kg a week) in a competition/raffle. I've got some extra ones in the freezer.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2019, 01:35 PM

A nurse from the hospital phoned me and they want me in at 10am on Wednesday as expected.

I'm mostly ready, just a few things like toiletries to add to my bags. The bigger picture I don't know. I'm scared of the procedure because 2 to 5 per cent of people die from it; they get nasty infections. The consultant told me that it is more or less a given that I would get an infection. Still, I'd be in the right place if anything went wrong.

I've downloaded quite a few things to watch onto my iPad and I've got plenty of books to read so I shouldn't get bored. Last time, with just my phone it was excruciating typing on such a small screen; the iPad is much better in that regard. I'll continue to post on here of course.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2019, 03:00 PM

Ffosse, firstly good luck for Wednesday, I hope all goes well for you.

Secondly, it's only natural that you are scared of the procedure, the majority of people feel exactly the same when they have to face an operation. You have excellent Consultants, Doctors and Nurses who will look after you through this so, as your good friend said, listen to them and do everything they say and they will see you through this.

My best wishes to you, I'll be thinking of you.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2019, 08:07 AM

Good luck tomorrow matey !!!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

09-04-2019, 09:49 AM

Thanks, I'm all ready to go apart from last minute things like toiletries and such.

I downloaded a bunch of films and documentaries onto my iPad to keep me entertained (hopefully) although I may not feel like watching them. Sorry, just realised that I've already mentioned this in this thread.

Still the iPad will come in handy for forums too. My iPhone had the grunt to access forums, it was just that typing on it was a penance.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2019, 11:53 AM

Good luck for tomorrow Dreamy.
You seem very organized.
Keep in touch, and sorry I missed some posts. X
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

09-04-2019, 12:41 PM

Yes, Sweetie, I'm more organised than at other times - I know which clothes I would wear and which I wouldn't for example. I even know which watch I'm going to wear lol. I'm just now charging my toothbrush and shaver.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2019, 03:46 PM

Good luck at the hospital tomorrow, Ffosse.
You sound all set for the procedure and it's reassuring that you're much more positive at the moment and I'm sure you'll take it all in your stride bud.
Take care
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

10-04-2019, 10:06 AM

Well, I'm in the hospital but, as I thought, relegated to their backroom as they don't have a bed free. I would have thought they would have sorted this out by now - originally I wanted to come here at 12, otherwise its just wasted time by being here early. I can see it being 4 o clock before I get a bed, time I could have spent in bed. I did ask for noon to turn up but they insisted on 10. There’s nothing to do except play with my phone. They didn't notice the single vodka on my breath as I felt anxious about 7 am and it will have worn off by now. I've actually been up since 5 am but still got 8 hours sleep last night.

I'm so glad I brought my earphones as I really missed music last time I was in. My bags felt heavy, probably due to my toiletries and shaver.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

10-04-2019, 11:07 AM

They're inserting a PICC line ( peripherally inserted centralized catheter) which goes to the top of my heart and is sterile for weeks on end. I didn't think getting a line inserted would be this complicated.

Page 252 of 276 « First < 152 202 242 250 251 252 253 254 262 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top