Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2017, 12:02 PM

Re: Getting into things

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Meg, what are you trying to do to us blokes? Laying on the bed with your legs up in the air, then there was the whole floury spanking incident......
ooops too much information I fear
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2017, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
ooops too much information I fear
On the contrary, tell us more.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2017, 12:13 PM

I don't know what you lot are moaning about! It is now over 3 months since a broke my wrist and I am still having to take pain killers every day. When I can't open something I have to take it to somebody for help or do without.
The only good thing is, if they want veg for Christmas dinner, somebody else will have to peel them
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2017, 12:19 PM

Twink, having had two broken wrists in the last five years, plus a collapsed spinal vertebrae, I know how difficult life can be. I got by, living alone but managing, if I couldn't do something, then I did without. I never asked anyone for help. Now with arthritis in my hands, some days I cant even hold a knife and fork, but then other days I can manage. One gets around these difficulties. Yesterday was a good day when I actually managed to clean my house, today I couldn't. Good days are a tremendous bonus.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2017, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
Twink, having had two broken wrists in the last five years, plus a collapsed spinal vertebrae, I know how difficult life can be. I got by, living alone but managing, if I couldn't do something, then I did without. I never asked anyone for help. Now with arthritis in my hands, some days I cant even hold a knife and fork, but then others I can manage. One gets around these difficulties.
I feel sorry for you because it sounds like your problems could be more permanent than mine and I know how difficult it is to use a knife and fork when it hurts to do so.
I have , over the last 3 month, realized just how much packing is unnecessary though, and how difficult it makes life for people with arm and wrist difficulties.
DragonsRealm
Montgomery,Alabama
DragonsRealm is male  DragonsRealm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2017, 12:47 PM

You all are so funny, I needed a good laugh.
DragonsRealm
Montgomery,Alabama
DragonsRealm is male  DragonsRealm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2017, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I don't know what you lot are moaning about! It is now over 3 months since a broke my wrist and I am still having to take pain killers every day. When I can't open something I have to take it to somebody for help or do without.
The only good thing is, if they want veg for Christmas dinner, somebody else will have to peel them
Is it getting any Better?
DragonsRealm
Montgomery,Alabama

23-12-2017, 01:05 PM

Muddy I have just had the same problem getting into the packaging on a new toothbrush

I don't have any scissors in the bathroom and gave up in the end until I could take the thing downstairs to cut open.
I've had that same problem ended up tearing the whole package and cursing now I have a pair of scissors in every bathroom well had but Mrs. D.R. has removed 1 pair from the Guest bathroom for some reason. Grandkid I guess.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2017, 01:08 PM

I have two hobbies, model planes and leatherwork, which use various glues, stains and other potions, and now they just about all come in jars & bottles with tamper proof tops, presumably in response to legislation
But what they usually do is to fit a new top on to the existing jars. So as I use up my old stuff I keep the old, simple tops and transfer them to the new purchases

Most manufacturers use a standard thread for bottles, so I just buy a cheap bottle of fizzy drink occasionally and use the top to replace tamper proof ones

Blister packs are a good idea in theory, the problem is that they are nearly always far too thick & strong than necessary
I have a cheap snap blade knife handy in a kitchen drawer, and that deals with most of them, but you have to be careful it does not slip and cut you
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2017, 01:22 PM

Muddy I have just had the same problem getting into the packaging on a new toothbrush

I don't have any scissors in the bathroom and gave up in the end until I could take the thing downstairs to cut open.

Oh I so agree with that Meg.
Some of this packaging doesn't half make me curse!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top