Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2020, 10:25 PM

Mods and Rockers

I wanted to be a Rocker but I ended up being a Mocker.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2020, 11:19 PM

Re: Mods and Rockers

Originally Posted by basser ->

Is that one of those fancy Coffees?
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by basser ->
I was a 'mocker' too (or a 'rod' - not quite sure which). My sister hung out with the local 'Teds' - they liked to think they were hard nuts, but our local group just faded away when the mods and rockers came on the scene.
I hedged my bets and dressed as a mod while riding a BSA 650 Gold Star.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 01:42 PM

Hi

A nightmare for me, I was neither Rocker or Mod, fair game for both.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 10:22 PM

Big fight at Brighton with Mods and Rockers one sun bathing Mod had his big toe shot off by a shotgun wielding Rocker, C 1960, always remember that
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 11:07 PM

Many on here will possibly remember the Mods and Rockers of the mid- to late-1960s, so I wonder which were you? Mods with their Lambrettas and Vespas and wearing all the latest by way of fashionable clothes. Rockers with powerful motorcycles, riders in their leathers and not too bothered about fashion, it was more about their motorcycles and speed.

A Triumph 350 Twin was my choice of transport at the time. Leathers by way of jacket, boots, gloves plus the denims and a crash helmet (not obligatory in those days but one of these saved my life).

Fast rides to Southend and the Kursaal or to the Ace Café on the North Circular in London, where crowds of bikers always gathered. The 'good old days', a lot of years' ago now!

Another popular transport café was the Busy Bee Café just outside Watford.

Does anyone on here remember any of the above?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 11:19 PM

I was a Mod and known locally, as the Queen of the Mods because of the clothes l wore! l bought my clothes and accessories from boutiques that ordered them for me from London.
I had my hair cut like Mary Quant. I loved the music from those times too. My friends and l used to hitch lifts to various discotheques.
l never liked scooters and have never been on one!
Gosh, such memories of probably the best times in my life.

I didn’t like Rockers as they were ‘Greasers’! I loved their motorbikes though and still do!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Many on here will possibly remember the Mods and Rockers of the mid- to late-1960s, so I wonder which were you? Mods with their Lambrettas and Vespas and wearing all the latest by way of fashionable clothes. Rockers with powerful motorcycles, riders in their leathers and not too bothered about fashion, it was more about their motorcycles and speed.

A Triumph 350 Twin was my choice of transport at the time. Leathers by way of jacket, boots, gloves plus the denims and a crash helmet (not obligatory in those days but one of these saved my life).

Fast rides to Southend and the Kursaal or to the Ace Café on the North Circular in London, where crowds of bikers always gathered. The 'good old days', a lot of years' ago now!

I went to Watford Gap Services on the M1 once. The Tremeloes were in there!

I remember motorbikes.. Velocetti, Vincent’s, Triumph Boneville, Francis Barnet, BSA Goldies and others.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->

Fast rides to Southend and the Kursaal or to the Ace Café where crowds of bikers always gathered. The 'good old days', a lot of years' ago now!

I know the Kursaal well, although last time I went there it was a bowling alley. My Dad often frequented the Kurzaal when he was a Teddy boy (wrong thread now).

Me..... I was a pretend Mod during the revival in the early eighties but the suited type, not the parker with the target on the back type.

I worked in Islington for a few years and was right opposite Alfredo's cafe which was the meeting place in the film Quadrophenia. I enjoyed many a cuppa and a roll in there.

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I went to Watford Gap on the M1 once. The Tremeloes were in there!

I remember motorbikes.. Velocotte, Vincent’s, Triumph, Francis Barnet, BSA Goldies and others.

There is a Watford Gap by Lichfield, A few Knee Tremblers went on there.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top