Join for free
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 05:02 AM

How do i "click to enlarge"?

I have had an incredibly difficult time merely posting a photo, but discovering a way the enlarge that posted photo completely escapes me. Does anyone know how to do that once the photo is posted ?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 09:21 AM

Re: How do i "click to enlarge"?

I find it doesn't always enlarge on one click. I find a fast double click does the trick.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I find it doesn't always enlarge on one click. I find a fast double click does the trick.
I usually see text that says, "click to enlarge". That is not necessary ?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 11:02 AM

Bakerman look at the photograph below...
click on the actual photograph not the text with your left mouse button and it should enlarge.
If it doesn't I can only assume it was a tiny picture to start with..

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	2003-12-31 Lambs 2016 003.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	11450  
bakerman
Mexico

18-01-2020, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Bakerman look at the photograph below...
click on the actual photograph not the text with your left mouse button and it should enlarge.
If it doesn't I can only assume it was a tiny picture to start with..
Yes, by clicking left, on the photo you posted does enlarge.
Please tell me how you got the text (in red) "Attached thumbnails CLICK TO ENLARGE" ? Where does THAT come from ? And as long as I'm asking questions, what in the world is a thumbnail ?
I apologize for being so dense . I can build a house and make a magnificent chocolate mousse but computers throw me for a loop.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 12:08 PM

A thumbnail is just a small sized photo...
about the size of half a thumb!

Back in the day of wet room photography you would make a contact sheet from all your photo negatives, nowadays in digital photography you would print a page of thumbnails for the same reason
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 12:14 PM

I have attached a photo from my PC (see below).

The words "Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)" automatically appear above a small version.

Left-clicking the photo will present a standalone large-size version.

Click "X" to return to the post.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	GRISWALD.png
Views:	25
Size:	147.4 KB
ID:	11451  
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Yes, by clicking left, on the photo you posted does enlarge.
Please tell me how you got the text (in red) "Attached thumbnails CLICK TO ENLARGE" ? Where does THAT come from ? And as long as I'm asking questions, what in the world is a thumbnail ?
I apologize for being so dense . I can build a house and make a magnificent chocolate mousse but computers throw me for a loop.
Bakerman 'Click To Enlarge ' appears automatically when the 'Manage attachment' facility (which is found below a post to which you are replying ) is used to download a photograph from your PC .
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 04:45 PM

I generally use Photoshop Elements 12 to edit images.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 09:17 PM

If you click on and enlarge the pic before you copy and paste it, it should appear large.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top