Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 04:16 PM

Re: Becoming comfortable with death

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
I'm not scared of death. I just don't want to be around when it happens.
Funny.

Sadly though, I think that's the case for some with Alzheimers and dementia patient, so don't wish too hard! When my grandmother died, she had been gone a long, long time.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 06:02 PM

Hi

Death is inevitable, it comes to us all.

Just accept it but never give up on the joy of life.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 07:19 AM

I am still hoping to hear from someone who can tell me exactly how to become comfortable with death or at least have much less anxiety.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 08:09 AM

If you have lived a good and fulfilled life accepting death must be easier.
At the end of the day it’s how you have lived your life that matters .
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Death is inevitable, it comes to us all.

Just accept it but never give up on the joy of life.
Good advice!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
I am still hoping to hear from someone who can tell me exactly how to become comfortable with death or at least have much less anxiety.
Not sure anyone can do that, Bakerman. We all, eventually, arrive at that same destination but by very different routes.

So much depends, as Muddy said, on the way you have lived your life, your personal beliefs - religious or otherwise - and your state of mind at the time.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Baker man. I liken it to being born , we dont remember it yet it's a long process, the journey would have been uncomfortable for hours finally arriving into a bright noisy loud place which made you cry then wrapped in warmth and love (hopefully)

A friend who was given weeks to live told the doctors he was upset because he wanted it sooner . He died the next day accepting death was better than his suffering . He was glad to leave.

Another lady I once knew said she had had enough of this world and was going to bed to die . Guess what she did a few days later .

For me and my belief I look forward to being with my mum and family when time comes . As I said in an earlier post I think we can outgrow this world
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Baker man. I liken it to being born , we dont remember it yet it's a long process, the journey would have been uncomfortable for hours finally arriving into a bright noisy loud place which made you cry then wrapped in warmth and love (hopefully)
Interesting that you liken it to being born. I have often thought that death is like all of the years before I was born. My only hope and wish is that is comes suddenly and swiftly. Unfortunately, I don't get to determine that.
Questor
Kent, UK
Questor is female  Questor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 01:34 PM

I look on death as a comfort, no more worries about family and no more worries about a rapidly changing technological world I'm finding it hard to keep up with.

If there is an afterlife of some sort, that could be an adventure. I'd quite like to have a good look round the universe if that's feasible.

If not and we are just meat that dies off then that's fine too because I won't know about it, there won't even be blackness.

Knowing that, and accepting that it's going to happen I am really not bothered which way it goes. If and when we become a single person household there are alarms to wear to summon help so the survivor would probably go down that route.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 02:06 PM

Hi

Death is inevitable, get over it, none of us are immortal.

All we can do is to have a good life and do the best for our Kids

What happens when we are dead is a great mystery.

We can however leave behind fond memories and a legacy of trying to make the World a better place for those who follow.

We can all contribute to this, in our own way.

Mups and Surfermom with their love of animals and the way we treat them.

Their respect for others.

Rhiann with her teaching of students to reach their full potential.

My objective is much more basic.

I intend to leave with fewer Terrorists around.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top