Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 05:19 PM

Re: Do You Put Milk Into Your Scrambled Eggs?

Keezoy, tried your scrambled egg recipe (well part of it anyway) today for lunch - used the flour. Not a good idea. I like my SEs to be soft, light, and fluffy, which is why I whisk them. Today they were tough. Perhaps because I cook them very fast the flour did not have time to cook through. Tomorrow I will try them with the Parmesan.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 10:32 AM

Scrambled eggs for breakfast - with Parmesan cheese - delicious!
Thank you, Keezoy!
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 01:08 PM

You are welcome ST. Yes the flour does make them firmer. But I only use a little. I use more for eggs to go in fried rice.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
You'd think so but they turn out as perfect omelettes. My omelettes were always going wrong when I was adding milk or flour etc. So I found this method online as it seems many chefs don't add anything, just whisk. I don't add any seasoning until they are cooked. Here's Jamie demonstrating :

The Jamie Oliver video is more or less how I make omelettes in a frying pan Annie and I also would never use milk, flour or water in omelettes.

I do always use milk in scrambled eggs and usually do them in the microwave - like this, but with a bit of added butter to make them "silky"

https://www.incredibleegg.org/recipe...crambled-eggs/
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
No it seems many don’t warm the plate first. . Some restaurants don’t either.
I know Art! I cringe when I see anyone on films or dramas etc saying to others ''Set the table for dinner please'' and that person takes the plates from a kitchen cupboard and lays them out around the table! OMG, the food must be almost cold before they have even finished serving the vegetables!! Also, it amazes me how cold meals must also get when in addition to the above, they then start talking for 10 minutes or so after the meal is already on their plates!!
Yuk! cold plates and cold food.
I would be too tempted to boil the kettle on the quiet, put my plate into the kitchen sink and pour boiling water over it first before drying it and putting it back on the table.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 03:54 PM

Some cookers used to have plate racks over the hob .....

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

19-01-2020, 04:52 PM

That looks like something from the 1950s, Omah.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Some cookers used to have plate racks over the hob .....

What a fantastic idea.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
The Jamie Oliver video is more or less how I make omelettes in a frying pan Annie and I also would never use milk, flour or water in omelettes.

I do always use milk in scrambled eggs and usually do them in the microwave - like this, but with a bit of added butter to make them "silky"

https://www.incredibleegg.org/recipe...crambled-eggs/
I did learn from watching that you should stir the eggs to make them cook better. I have always just poured and waited. I have successfully tried egg in a cup in the microwave and poached eggs. So may try scrambling toi!
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Don’t you warm your plate first to keep the eggs warm? I can’t bear hot food on cold plates!
Warm plates are essential I reckon when having a meal. Nothing worse than a cold plate as that soon means cold food. Most folk have a microwave so one-and-a-half minutes in there and you have a warm plate on which to dish up the meal.

Obviously first ensure the plate will withstand a microwave, mine are Pyrex so are usually almost indestructible, well almost as a tiled kitchen floor when Pyrex plates are dropped is fatal. That's why I only have two remaining Pyrex dinner plates!

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top