Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 05:33 PM

Lily Allen (again)

Lily Allen blasts Laurence Fox saying she is 'sick to death of luvvies forcing their opinions on everybody else' and says actor shouldn't rant 'about things you don't know anything about' after Question Time Meghan racism row.

Oh the irony.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...h-luvvies.html
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 05:35 PM

Re: Lily Allen (again)

I do wish Ms Allen would either put a sock in it or turn the flippin' record over. I, for one, am sick to the back teeth of listening to her Snowflake rants.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I do wish Ms Allen would either put a sock in it or turn the flippin' record over. I, for one, am sick to the back teeth of listening to her Snowflake rants.
She's a two-bit singer with a semi-famous father who is also full of himself. I agree about the sock.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 06:24 PM

A lot of us obviously don't like her, I certainly don't, but let's not forget that she is the voice of the generation who are inheriting the world that we are in the process of leaving.

She and her generation are paying for the age related benefits that we get given, for other Benefits, for our NHS treatments, and having to face up to the god awful mess we have made of the environment that we have polluted as well as the astronomical debt they will have to service that has been run up by us living to a standard we have left future generations to pay.

They will have to pay for what we have enjoyed and continue to do so.

For their kids it's even worse. Rather than face up to the way we have not only done to the environment that is at the very least hugely accelerating climate change a disgusting percentage of us are actually in denial of the bleeding OBVIOUS.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

19-01-2020, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
A lot of us obviously don't like her, I certainly don't, but let's not forget that she is the voice of the generation who are inheriting the world that we are in the process of leaving.

She and her generation are paying for the age related benefits that we get given, for other Benefits, for our NHS treatments, and having to face up to the god awful mess we have made of the environment that we have polluted as well as the astronomical debt they will have to service that has been run up by us living to a standard we have left future generations to pay.

For their kids it's even worse. Rather than face up to the way we have not only done to the environment that is at the very least hugely accelerating climate change a disgusting percentage of us are actually in denial of the bleeding OBVIOUS.
But can she not see the irony in her statement?
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 07:04 PM

Hahaha
I do see the irony!

“It’s not me, it’s you”.
oneandonly
New Member!
Devon
oneandonly is female 

19-01-2020, 07:53 PM

And she’s not a luvie ?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->

She and her generation are paying for the age related benefits that we get given, for other Benefits, for our NHS treatments,
and having to face up to the god awful mess we have made of the environment that we have polluted as well as the astronomical debt they will have to service that has been run up by us living to a standard we have left future generations to pay.

Rot, Artful. Our generation have paid into those all our WORKING lives. We didn't sit on our backsides leeching benefits from the state - well, I certainly didn't anyway. I took on work that I loathed - but it financed my BSc and other qualifications so I could better myself.

I bought my first house when I was 24yrs - the deposit took every penny I had - so I lived on bare boards for a while. Spent time in auction rooms to buy furniture piece by piece - it was fun and I did not live on credit or accrue debts.

The only money I have ever taken from the state is my pension - and, by golly, I have earned that!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 08:15 PM

She's a good girl.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Rot, Artful. Our generation have paid into those all our WORKING lives. We didn't sit on our backsides leeching benefits from the state - well, I certainly didn't anyway. I took on work that I loathed - but it financed my BSc and other qualifications so I could better myself.

I bought my first house when I was 24yrs - the deposit took every penny I had - so I lived on bare boards for a while. Spent time in auction rooms to buy furniture piece by piece - it was fun and I did not live on credit or accrue debts.

The only money I have ever taken from the state is my pension - and, by golly, I have earned that!
We have paid INTO nothing.

We paid taxes that went to meet annual budgets. At the end of each year everything we had paid as taxes had gone.

Today what we get in the form of benefits including the age related benefit has to be funded by young people paying their taxes. Today WE are the ones sitting on our backsides leaching Benefits. They don't come from the state, they come from young workers.

House purchase? Sure! But before we drove house price inflation to n times annual salary they were affordable - but today they are not. WE pushed prices up.

It's hard and even unpleasant to face the truth but face the truth we really should.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top