Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 06:53 PM

Re: When people don’t talk

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Very ill mannered of them Muddy .One of my step daughters was like that . I put it down to her resenting me marrying her father .
Yes I dare say there is that too.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 07:32 PM

I'm sorry you have been in such an uncomfortable predicament Muddy, I can imagine how awkward it must have felt. I bet you'll be glad when they go home.

I'd love to be in your company, we'd talk the hind legs of those horses you draw/paint lol.

I guess you can only try so much, you tried, they didn't engage, their loss if you ask me, they might have found they actually enjoyed the conversations.

Now Harry & Megan? Ohhhhhh don't get me started

Big hugs from me too
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 07:53 PM

Yes I agree with what many have said here.... you tried your best and they have chosen not to try at all..... without making it obvious I would step back...speak to your husband and the dog and be polite to the terrible two if they speak.... if they don't OK... its their loss .
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 11:06 PM

Words don't come easy to some folks, and, some just don't know how to vocalise, that don't make Spouters Superior.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Strip naked
haha thanks for that! Very good icebreaker!!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 12:05 AM

They might have undiagnosed high functioning aspergers Muddy. It can appear as aloofness. I'm sure it's not personal. It may be worth exploring why it makes you feel so anxious though because they may feel that tension and it may be affecting their ability to open up.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 01:15 AM

This is so much worse if married or with someone who has no conversation and just grunts
A friend was in this situation and she got by with her part time work as Doctors Receptionist and being a member of some interesting Societies.
She nursed him dutifully all through his Heart Attack
Finally he passed away age 72, the same age as she was.

She sold her home and moved to her favourite place, the Lake district
Soon she was involved with the Village Hall and Committee.
Made friends and they went for Coffee each day and Evenings out too.

I was so pleased that she was finally living a happy life where she was appreciated.

Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Words don't come easy to some folks, and, some just don't know how to vocalise, that don't make Spouters Superior.
Just easier to be with .
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 07:36 AM

I don't quite understand why these two come to visit if they're too rude to talk to you. Why not suggest to your husband that he meets them on his own or goes to their place? To use a crude phrase, they're pig ignorant IMO. if they dislike you for some reason then they should be adult enough to explain why - if they're just addicted to their phones then they definitely have arrested development and should stay away. they wouldn't be welcome at my place that's for sure.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 07:50 AM

Poor Muddy - what an uncomfortable few days - rude guests and an incontinent dog!

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top