Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 07:59 AM

Re: Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Just heard on the news that made HWMO and myself laugh out loud.
It appears that because of the work being carried out in the buildings there are plans afoot to locate the House of Lords to YORK!! OMG, How are all those insignificant fogeys going to be able to turn up, sign in to claim their £400 attendance allowance and then get nurse to wheel them back home again. And what about their leisure time? Do they even have a Gentleman's club in York?

I wonder what the reaction will be having to move out of the bubble.
Not any more - the last one was turned into a 'Pizza Express' some time ago!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
It might be time to put the gates back on the entrances on the bar walls....
Too right!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 08:14 AM

Now HS2 makes sense.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 11:17 AM

If they move the Lords to York it could be used as justification
for HS2?
I have difficulty believing that the present return fare from London
to York presently is £200? What will it rise to if HS2 becomes
reality??
Donkeyman!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 11:28 AM

I'll be thinking of hypocrite "Lord" Tom Watson, getting the privately owned train service to York, staring out the window, watching Brexit Britain whizz by....

I bet he longs for the days of the British Rail Pork Pie

https://order-order.com/2020/01/20/s...crony-honours/
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 12:13 PM

I don't understand why Britain wants to retain the Palace of Westminster as the House of Parliament. Why not take a leaf out of our book (or Malaysia or many other countries around the world) and build a brand new Parliament House better suited to modern government and the current number of MPs.

The old building can become a museum and tourist attraction making far more revenue for the country than it ever did as a Parliament.

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

21-01-2020, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I don't understand why Britain wants to retain the Palace of Westminster as the House of Parliament. Why not take a leaf out of our book (or Malaysia or many other countries around the world) and build a brand new Parliament House better suited to modern government and the current number of MPs.

The old building can become a museum and tourist attraction making far more revenue for the country than it ever did as a Parliament.
Because that is logical, Bruce. Logic is a concept our so called 'government' finds difficult to grasp.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2020, 09:19 AM

Why not take a leaf out of our book (or Malaysia or many other countries around the world) and build a brand new Parliament House better suited to modern government and the current number of MPs.

A sensible idea, Bruce - as long as they don't use the architect who designed the carbuncle of a Scottish Parliament building that we have to endure up here! Described as "post-modern" it cost £414 million but it is reported that it could be unfit for purpose by 2060 - a bit like the SNP actually!
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2020, 12:40 PM

If the HoL moves to York that will mean a bloody long way to walk for Black Rod et al at the State Opening of Parliament.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top