Join for free
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2019, 10:56 PM

Is anyone bothering with the election?

I was wondering whether I am the only one who is totally underwhelmed with the election. I don't think there is any choice. They all seem to be trying to outdo each other with ridiculously extravagant promises. This is despite all being caught out being disingenuous in the past.

Is it just me or is this a complete farce?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2019, 11:07 PM

Re: Is anyone bothering with the election?

It's a complete pack of lies isn't it, Annie? All those pledges just to get votes from gullible individuals who can't see past their rose-tinted specs.
How does anybody really believe that any single one of these promises will ever come to fruition?
I detest being lied to and the three main parties are out in force to try to dupe the vulnerably-minded into putting their silly crosses in their boxes.
They should all be hanged for treason!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2019, 11:13 PM

I don't believe a word any of them are saying. All the parties are driving me nuts, sick of the blooming lot of them both at Westminster and Hollyrood. They get more outrageous every day.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2019, 11:15 PM

Floydy, the folks aren't lying, they are just doing what politicians do, and have done for ages.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2019, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Floydy, the folks aren't lying, they are just doing what politicians do, and have done for ages.
But it is lying mate, and just because they are politicians it doesn't mean it's okay to lie to people. It's so wrong. They would all be more respected if they succumbed to instant sudden death for their dastardly deeds
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2019, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
But it is lying mate, and just because they are politicians it doesn't mean it's okay to lie to people. It's so wrong. They would all be more respected if they succumbed to instant sudden death for their dastardly deeds
Nah, we need um just as they are, a centre of despise, then everyday folks can console each other, at their expense.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2019, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
It's a complete pack of lies isn't it, Annie? All those pledges just to get votes from gullible individuals who can't see past their rose-tinted specs.
How does anybody really believe that any single one of these promises will ever come to fruition?
I detest being lied to and the three main parties are out in force to try to dupe the vulnerably-minded into putting their silly crosses in their boxes.
They should all be hanged for treason!
It certainly feels like it Floydy. I honestly don't know what to believe any more. I don't feel strongly enough to condone any of the violent outcomes you suggest! But I do feel we have no real choice. I suppose I've felt this way for years but this election I guess has really brought it out into the open.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

25-11-2019, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Present a "version of the truth"?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2019, 05:45 AM

I don't care about this election at all. I just hope this Brexit thing gets decided one way or the other, I don't care which way, just get it over with, it is an embarrassment to all concerned.

Same old arguments that were trotted out by the same people three years ago. <yawn>
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2019, 07:50 AM

Hi

I am voting, we have an 18 year girl standing as an Independent

I am voting for her as neither Boris or Corbyn is for me and we have no Brexit Candidate here.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top