Join for free
Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2019, 12:02 PM

Re: Is anyone bothering with the election?

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
A mile walk for us, not pleasant in wet weather.
Surely you venture outdoors occasionally?
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2019, 12:23 PM

Sent my postal vote yesterday.

I was thinking of a "none of the above" type vote but was advised that there is a growing number who are trying to raise the "spoil your vote" option as a way to stop someone else from winning.

i.e. it is thought that you can stop Brexit by preventing the Tories from winning.

So how do you stop Brexit?

Yep, push lots of people to spoil their vote!

What a world we live in!

big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2019, 12:53 PM

I am so fed up with the lies and false promises that we know full well will not be kept that I am not voting. This 'in out' argument will go on for many years and may never be settled one way or another.
All parties are making promises they know full well they will not be able to keep.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2019, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Surely you venture outdoors occasionally?
Occasionally, a lot less than we used to.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2019, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
The weather could put a lot of people off.

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/uk...forecast/60359

Can't get the link to work, Cinders?
It just says ' Video can't be found.'

I fully understand why so many have lost faith and do not want to vote of any of this present bunch.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2019, 12:43 AM

They all lie. Red, Blue, Pink, Green, the lot.

There is only one political party which has never broken a manifesto promise:
The Brexit Party.

Yes, I know. They've never been in office, so they can't have broken their promises!

Nevertheless, I think we should give them a chance.

If they should ever form the government and THEN don't deliver, OK, don't vote for them again.

Somehow, though, I don't think they would let us down.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2019, 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
They all lie. Red, Blue, Pink, Green, the lot.

There is only one political party which has never broken a manifesto promise:
The Brexit Party.

Yes, I know. They've never been in office, so they can't have broken their promises!

Nevertheless, I think we should give them a chance.

If they should ever form the government and THEN don't deliver, OK, don't vote for them again.

Somehow, though, I don't think they would let us down.
Erm they voted themselves out of being given a chance did they not by standing down here there and everywhere. My main Brexit voting friend is very put out.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2019, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Erm they voted themselves out of being given a chance did they not by standing down here there and everywhere. My main Brexit voting friend is very put out.
So am I.

Of course, the reason why Farage made that decision was to help avoid splitting the 'leave' vote between his party and the Tories, thus admitting Compo into government which, I think, nobody but the brain dead want.

Boris was expected to reciprocate and not stand in any of the traditional Labour seats, but of course we all now know that he refused to do so.

Would you trust Boris?

I am obliged to vote for him because the only other party with a chance of election in my constituency is the Limp Dems who have said quite clearly that they want us to remain totally under the control of the unelected European Commission.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2019, 01:00 PM

Scotlands voting should be interesting...

Firstly, the weather could be a factor on turnout because it gets darker a lot quicker up there compared to England, plus the weather is a lot worse in the winter than what we are used to here.

Then, thinking about it.... the Conservatives are the only party that wants to keep the Union together of the UK, so the Indyref "no" vote will have to go somewhere... labour is tanking in the polls in Scotland so its going to be interesting to see what happens (the SNP lost about 13 seats in the last GE to the tories).

The other part of this that I'm very curious as to how its all going to play out, is just how many of the Scottish independence votes will move over to conservative votes. My reasoning is that in the late 80s the SNP switched from being an anti-EU party to a pro-EU party, when they realised that people would be reluctant to vote for an independence vote for Scotland if they were isolated from the EU and the UK.

If Scotland did vote to leave the UK, Scotland would need time (years and years) to ascend to the EU and there would be no guarantee they would be able to join because of the currency issue and their deficit (the biggest in the EU). Also bear in mind that 38% of Scots voted to leave the EU and 55% of Scots voted to remain in the UK (how's that for a split vote).

Furthermore, all the arguments that Sturgeon has given for the "disaster" that would happen in the case of Brexit (trade friction, tarrifs, non-regulatory alignment, borders etc etc), this would also work the other way if the UK was outside the EU and Scotland left the UK and joined the EU (trade friction, tarrifs, non-regulatory alignment, borders etc etc) ... the same situation.... So, will the Scots see through Nicola's Sturgeons indyref 2 pitch and realise that being in the UK is way more preferable to being outside the UK and inside the EU, especially when 65% of Scotlands trade is with the UK and only about 25% with the EU.

I hope that makes sense
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2019, 01:59 PM

Beware!!
There is a huge scam doing the rounds that could and possibly will fool a lot of people.
It,s called the Labour Manifesto.

Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top