Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 04:37 PM

Re: Editing Posts Or Living With Your Errors?

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
went out with a girl who was a terrible speller, it only lasted a week, she wasn't my typo.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 05:04 PM

Another little tail - while watching my waggy dog.

We had a window cleaner who wanted to start his own business. Good for him!
He had been to college and was asked to write his business plan. He did. It wasn't bad but hand written and I didn't think that would go over too well. My dear wife is a touch typist so she did the best she could. Quite a lot of it was sort of phonetic and, as she is a furriner, meant nothing to her.

I looked at the document and took some time to work out quite what he meant, corrected it where I could.

He got top marks for his submission. I think he did nothing with it though and took full time employment in another field.

But it is just nice to feel that you have contributed. That's how we feel with the lady and the cats I think I mentioned in another thread. Vet visits, ordering medication - my dear wife sorts it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
When l started the thread, it wasn't to criticise other members errors or incorrect spelling.
It was about me personally and the standards l expect of myself.

Now saying all that, the only word that narks me, is the incorrect spelling of ‘lose’ as in when you lose something.
Many write ‘loose’ and it seems to be a very common error these days.

Please don’t set the dogs lose on me for my utterance!
I realised that Art. I know you wouldn't be like that towards anyone.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 05:24 PM

Went out with a Girl who was a terrible speller, it only lasted a week, she wasn't my Typo.
Obviously she was marginalised.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 10:51 PM

Bad spellers of the world untie.....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 11:02 PM

OGF, get knotted.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I realised that Art. I know you wouldn't be like that towards anyone.
Thank You, Longy xx
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 09:49 AM

ogf, get knotted.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 10:10 AM

I blame my iPad it’s always auto correcting to something it thinks I should have written.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2020, 01:44 PM

Art, I hold my hands up to this one! I must be OFF's number one editor! I am guilty of typing a post/thread,but then only read it after I have already submitted it, spot a spelling error, edit it, read it again and without fail usually spot yet another spelling error and edit it for a second time! I have even done this three times on the very odd occasion.

I think it is either a case of being a touch typist, I am too cocky and confident that I don't make errors, which I always do, or... as a Virgo, we are renowned as perfectionists and I just cannot bear to see a spelling error left uncorrected.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top