Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 05:11 PM

Re: When people don’t talk

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Strip naked
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 05:13 PM

Well I didn't like to say it...so Ted did....he has a point,IMO.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Well I didn't like to say it...so Ted did....he has a point,IMO.
I have 3 "grown up" Daughters, Pauline!!!!

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 05:17 PM

I don't know many people like it but I only stand them for a short while. I have known people at work who are incapable of saying good morning, let alone holding a conversation. My answer to this to ignore them completely until such times they feel it necessary to speak.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I don't know many people like it but I only stand them for a short while. I have known people at work who are incapable of saying good morning, let alone holding a conversation. My answer to this to ignore them completely until such times they feel it necessary to speak.

Bit more difficult when it is not work though Dongle.
These women are staying in Muddy's house so it can't be pleasant, and she shouldn't have to feell she has to go out of her own home to avoid the atmosphere there.
I suppose there is also the problem of not wanting to upset her husband by having it out with them, too.

The only other thing I can think of Muddy is, could your husband not have a quiet word with them, or perhaps he doesn't see there is a problem? It might be better coming from their Dad than yourself?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

19-01-2020, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
These women are staying in Muddy's house so it can't be pleasant, and she shouldn't have to feell she has to go out of her own home to avoid the atmosphere there.
I suppose there is also the problem of not wanting to upset her husband by having it out with them, too.

The only other thing I can think of Muddy is, could your husband not have a quiet word with them, or perhaps he doesn't see there is a problem? It might be better coming from their Dad than yourself?
I agree Mups. It takes more effort to be horrible than it does to be nice but that applies to both sides. Making desperate conversation just gives in to their rudeness.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Hi Muddy!

To me, that all suggests that they are holding a grudge.

& ganging up to increase the impact!

Maybe you have to confront them and ask them to fess up?

Yes Ted they may well but I think it’s just the way they are .
They have no impact at all in fact I feel really sorry for them their lives seem so boring .
It’s not so much ganging up as they are very close to each other .
My husband worries enough about them .
He doesn’t know why they are not married and never have boyfriends.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

Mups I don’t think they even realise how they come over .
Their Dad doesn’t at all .
It was only for a couple of nights anyway .
It’s just that being silent does not come naturally to me
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

19-01-2020, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I have 3 "grown up" Daughters, Pauline!!!!

I only have sons Ted and they have always been noisy and talkative .
Thye are not afraid to give their old mum the benefit of their opinions either !
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 05:47 PM

Muddy, l think l would prefer people who can ‘talk for England’ than those that are what l call, ‘hard work’.
It is such a strain and in my case, l end up talking a load of rubbish as there’s no rapport.

Do you know what their interests are or something about the work they do?
Maybe, they have a loyalty to their mother and that’s why they behave like this?

I would avoid them and leave them with their dad as it sounds like a hard nut to crack with those two!
Oh, and as l looked at them, l’d call them swearwords in my head as that would make me laugh!

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top