Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 06:05 PM

Re: Tinitus

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Hearing is easily damaged by loud noises all of those discos when young did our ears little good .
Yes, certainly.

I blame my hearing loss on Emerson, Lake and Palmer!
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 08:39 PM

Got it.
Not a big problem at all.
For me it is like the cicada song.
No complaints, mine is self inflicted.
Very very loud rock music as a younger man.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 10:30 PM

Yep, I'm a lifetime member of the tinitus club.
Probably from a life working in a noisy engineering factory.
Mine sounds like escaping air (shooshing and whooshing) but it seems to be limited to my right ear......I think.....

It does seem to have got worse since I read all the replies to this thread, but normally I can forget about it until it's quiet.
Fortunately It doesn't keep me awake at night.....Not even a small atomic explosion outside my bedroom window would do that....

I also have to turn the TV up much to the annoyance of Mrs fox, and trying to decipher individual voices in a crowd is impossible.......Pardon?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Fortunately It doesn't keep me awake at night.....Not even a small atomic explosion outside my bedroom window would do that....
You and I are both lucky in that respect.
My tinnitus never keeps me awake either.
The only thing that does occasionally wake me up is Marge's snoring!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2020, 09:57 AM

If I go out to listen to live music when I get home my ears are alive with screeching . I then put meditation music on quietly and fall asleep thankfully . But oh the payback from my ears is awful

Oh damn , it's now letting me know I'm talking about it because it's become really loud again .

Trying to tune in to it to send it away but it's not working . Think I'll put more soft music on
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2020, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
You and I are both lucky in that respect.
My tinnitus never keeps me awake either.
The only thing that does occasionally wake me up is Marge's snoring!
Me too JB, ....errrr Well Mrs Fox's snoring obviously, not Marge's....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

21-01-2020, 12:25 PM

Me too JB, ....errrr Well Mrs Fox's snoring obviously, not Marge's....

Oh, I don't know.

Marge's output is powerful enough to make its way over the Pennines into God's County.

Fortunately, she's not a member on here.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

21-01-2020, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Oh, I don't know.

Marge's output is powerful enough to make its way over the Pennines into God's County.

Fortunately, she's not a member on here.
Haha, neither is Mrs Fox JB, that's why I get away with the things that I say.....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

21-01-2020, 12:41 PM

Haha, neither is Mrs Fox JB, that's why I get away with the things that I say.....

Actually, she's right here now, but hasn't noticed what the words on the screen say.
bloggsy
Hampshire
bloggsy is male  bloggsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2020, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
I have suffered from Tinitus for a number of years now but have got so used to it I tend to forget I have it till someone brings it up then I notice it. A high pitched whistling in the ear. I have it in both ears.
Me to I've had it for over 30 years

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top