Join for free
Page 36 of 38 « First < 26 34 35 36 37 38 >
sugarbug
canada
sugarbug is female  sugarbug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2014, 03:19 AM

Re: Mod Nominations!

sounds expensive ...
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2014, 03:21 AM

How much is a pound of Mod?
sugarbug
canada
sugarbug is female  sugarbug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2014, 03:26 AM

Chinook blunders cost MoD £500m
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2014, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
I like virtually everyone here for different reasons, some make me laugh, others are really interesting characters which is great as I love folk who stand out in a positive way, I love quirky folk and there's some here who have me in stitches however, you'll always find at least one who for whatever reason rubs you up the wrong way constantly and sometimes you can become irritated by them, I tend not to engage in conversation with such a person, it wouldn't do my blood pressure any good, I'd rather be killed with kindness
Its a simple solution and the only one really.......That's the way it goes sometimes.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2014, 08:33 AM

I like virtually everyone here for different reasons, some make me laugh, others are really interesting characters which is great as I love folk who stand out in a positive way, I love quirky folk and there's some here who have me in stitches however, you'll always find at least one who for whatever reason rubs you up the wrong way constantly and sometimes you can become irritated by them, I tend not to engage in conversation with such a person, it wouldn't do my blood pressure any good, I'd rather be killed with kindness
you've got the right idea Honey. Not engaging in conversation. I think it's something you have to do in the end as it's the only way.
Roseredlee
United Kingdom
Roseredlee is female  Roseredlee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2014, 10:24 AM

Speaking with all the august authority of my recently acquired Senior hood, and despite my brief experience - when I read the occasional post that upsets/infuriates/outrages/hurts/causes a red mist to rise up before my eyes despite my normally equitable and sunny disposish, I write an immediate, crushing/scintillatingly witty/clever/unanswerable (IMHO natch) retort. Then I delete it. Amazingly therapeutic! Course, one of these days I'm going to press send by mistake, then the **** will truly hit the fan. Memo to self: use notebook instead...

Best advice (if only I listened to myself): sleep on it. Things never read as inflammatory in the morning.

Self-moderation! It's the only way to go!
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2014, 10:25 AM

I try to but even when I quote a post someone else sticks their nose in and replies, would much prefer the person I quoted replied first.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2014, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Roseredlee ->
Speaking with all the august authority of my recently acquired Senior hood, and despite my brief experience - when I read the occasional post that upsets/infuriates/outrages/hurts/causes a red mist to rise up before my eyes despite my normally equitable and sunny disposish, I write an immediate, crushing/scintillatingly witty/clever/unanswerable (IMHO natch) retort. Then I delete it. Amazingly therapeutic! Course, one of these days I'm going to press send by mistake, then the **** will truly hit the fan. Memo to self: use notebook instead...

Best advice (if only I listened to myself): sleep on it. Things never read as inflammatory in the morning.

Self-moderation! It's the only way to go!
Sound advice!! might even try it myself.

Better still, open up a Word document on the computer, switch from window to window to compare, type out your thoughts, then it can't make its way to the forum, but you've got it out of your system.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2014, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by sue_arnold ->
I try to but even when I quote a post someone else sticks their nose in and replies, would much prefer the person I quoted replied first.
I guess we all have our druthers ....
but after all, it is a discussion forum.
Bit hard to tell people they can't post until your preference is met.
The person you quoted may never reply.
Does that mean the Topic must end ?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2014, 04:18 PM

[QUOTE=Pumicestone;552595]I guess we all have our druthers ....
but after all, it is a discussion forum.
Bit hard to tell people they can't post until your preference is met.
The person you quoted may never reply.
Does that mean the Topic must end ?[/
QUOTE]

That's just what occurred to me as well Pumicestone - whoops, I've jumped in with a reply. . .

Page 36 of 38 « First < 26 34 35 36 37 38 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top