Join for free
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2015, 12:49 PM

BBC Proms at the Royal Albert Hall

Anyone else a fan of the Proms?
First booking day is this Saturday, this year I've even done a Plan so will be ready to log on at 9am as I would LOVE tickets for Fiddler on the Roof and I know they will go like crazy. (I would say like shit off a shovel but that's rude )

By the way, just as an aside, are we allowed to post tickets on offer on here? Not for profit, but if you find you can't go to something you have bought tickets for, say a concert or a show.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2015, 04:06 PM

Re: BBC Proms at the Royal Albert Hall

I remember being lucky enough to be given seats for the last night many years ago. A strangely emotional experience even for someone who is not particularly patriotic or nationalistic. Bit far to travel now, though!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2015, 04:27 PM

I used to be an avid listener but I don't often listen to music at all these days. On a bad day my tinnitus drowns it out
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2015, 09:02 PM

Couple of old ones.
Loved this guys performances at The Proms.

jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2015, 04:37 AM

Yes, I love them and went to one live some years ago - the millennium proms - and it was fabulous. Also been to a few other prom concerts at the Albert Hall over the years - it is such an amazing building. We watch them all on TV here in Australia although they're usually not live except for the last night.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2015, 08:30 AM

If not shown live they're often recorded to be shown on TV later in the year, but every single one is recorded live for radio and you can listen to them on BBC radio 3 each evening.
I believe you can listen to radio through the internet so maybe you can listen in around the world?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK

07-08-2015, 09:59 PM

Frank Sinatra this evening, coming up at 10.15pm, looks good!
Think I'll record it.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2015, 02:29 PM

Nils Frahm performs Says for the BBC Proms 2015. Mesmerising performance

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top